Wednesday, January 23, 2019

weekly update

Thursday: Got up, went to work. Not too busy. Found 4 packages when I got home.
Wishes:
 for cute pens, and she saw I liked minions. The planner was really cute, too, but I probably won't use it. How cute are the pens though? She was the first person to realize what I meant by cute.
Winter pocket letter:
 pretty cute.
Valentine's day swap:
 I love how she went over. The last few swaps I've done in this group, it seems they do the bare minimum and just send the 5 items that are required. I'm loving the minion stickers and the butterfly stickers, and the altered paper clips and the chocolate and the scrapbooking kit.
Secret Sister:
 This was another great one. Finally got a good one, it's probably the first one I've loved everything in it. I totally ate all the marshmallows and grape jelly candy.
My co worker and I had a couple great conversations while it was so boring. We got stuck in the nostalgia of great restaurants Ames used to have. I feel we don't have a lot of variety anymore. We also were talking about books. It was a great mail day, also nice to come home after a long day to all these great packages.
Friday: Closed at the library. Not too busy. I saw these bags in the break room and immediately thought I could make something with those.
 So, I took them all. They're kinda weird, they remind me of parchment paper. They are slick, but thin. Everyone was all worried about all this snow we were supposed to get Friday night. I thought it was so beautiful when we left. The temperature was perfect, the snow was still falling and it was so quiet. I also had a great conversation with a patron about movies.
Saturday: Put together a few things,
Another Secret sister package:
 For a different group.
SMS vintage:
 I was going to send some of those cards I bought at the antique mall last spring, but then remembered it had to be new (which is kind of an oxymoron, vintage but new), and I couldn't find them.
There was a double header that day, but I signed up to sub for someone at the evening game, bad choice. It was very cold, barely above 0, and the windchill was very negative. My toes, fingers and nose froze while taking tickets. My parents picked me up afterwards and we went to supper. I had mentioned the conversation I had with my co worker about restaurants and so we went to a new Italian place. It wasn't that interesting. Our waitress was a little scatterbrained, we had to ask for silverware and plates for the bread. I got lobster ravioli, which was ok, but not that exciting. When I mentioned we didn't have any good restaurants, my parents brought up a few, which are good, but not a lot of variety.
Sunday: I stayed inside. It was wicked cold that day, too. Got my laundry done, and finished a book: The Poison Squad about how unregulated food was in the early 1900s. I thought it was kind of like The Jungle but for other food.
Monday: Had to open at the library, no bookstore because it was Martin Luther King Day. That was nice not to work so much.
I put together a few things.
Valentine's Day card:
 I did not make the card, but it was too cute to keep to myself.
Grant a wish:
 They asked for a Valentine's ATC.
Envelope of sunshine:
 basically fill an envelope with yellow items.
Green pocket letter:
 I was going to go all green, but then found my cactus stickers and I have a ton that I just keep hoarding.
Tuesday: Started out at the bookstore. Went across the way to the little food store and splurged a bit:
 almond croissant, strawberry croissant, Oreo cheesecake. They were not as good as I wanted them to be. The strawberry croissant just had strawberry jelly in it. I wish the almond croissant had more almond paste, and the Oreo cheesecake was very dense for a cheesecake.
I ended my day at the library, another long 11 hour day. I decided the next time I work the long day, I should drink the pop at 3, because I certainly need the caffeine in my system when I hit 8 pm.
I found a pocket letter when I got home:
It was another winter pocket letter.
Wednesday, I opened at the library. I mailed my stuff out and I hate when one postal worker does something one way and then a different one doesn't do something the same. I have had 3 postal workers tell me that if there are unmarked stamps on an envelope I'm able to use them, but I've had a couple others tell me no I can't, I wish they could be a little more consistent.

No comments: