Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Wednesday Medley

It's time for the Wednesday Medley again, and I'm not working extra hours this week, YAY!!!

Here is a medley of questions you may choose to answer on your Wednesday blog.  There aren't any rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to.  I'm doing this to fill my Wednesday and if you are interested, then I invite you to join in!!  It might be fun!!



Tomorrow is National Croissant Day!!

NATIONAL CROISSANT DAY – January 30

NATIONAL CROISSANT DAY

In the United States, National Croissant Day is observed each year on January 30th. Croissants are a buttery, crescent-shaped rolls that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.  
The key to a perfect croissant is laminating the dough. Laminating the dough is a process by which butter is folded into the mixture creating multiple thin layers of butter and dough. The result is a mouth-watering flaky crust and airy body.
Legend surrounds this pastry, as is often the case with a popular, worldly treat. What is known, is that crescent-shaped breads have been found around the world for ages. One of these was the Kipferl which originated in Austria as far back as the 13th century. This nonlaminated bread is more like a roll.
Credit for the croissant we know today is given to an Austrian military officer, August Zang. In 1939 he opened a Viennese bakery in Paris introducing France to Viennese baking techniques.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Stop by the bakery for a fresh, warm croissant or try making your own using this recipe: Croissants recipe.

1.  Well, I do love croissants when they are fresh, but day-old croissants need to be turned into a donut.  I happen to really like the croissants that have a donut-like glaze on them!  Sugar overload but so good.  So... do you like croissants?  What is your favorite way to eat them? I like croissants, though I don't think I've ever had a fresh one. The last ones I had were not so good. When we were in St. Louis, I bought a bunch for breakfasts and they were really good.
2.  Speaking of food... How do you handle stress? I do eat more (that's where you were going anyway, right?), but I try not to have extra food around the house to eat. I'm better at just ignoring the world and going shopping, or reading, or crafting.
3.  Out of the negative emotions of greed, anger, jealousy, and hate, which one would you say affects you the most? Maybe jealousy, I try not to let it get to me, but I kinda hate when my friends get the good jobs or have significant others or it seems like all the good stuff happens to them and all the bad stuff happens to me.
4.  Out of the positive emotions of compassion, positivity, enthusiasm, and initiative, which one is your biggest strength? No idea. I'm not that compassionate. I'm not a really positive person (I'm a realist), I'm enthusiastic if I like something. I find it hard to be enthusiastic if I'm not into something. I'm not good at taking initiative and doing things on my own. I feel you should ask one of my friends this question and see what they would say about me.
5.  What do you get every time you go grocery shopping, other than the staples such as bread, milk, butter, flour, sugar...frozen dinners. I live on frozen dinners.
6.  Please tell us something random about your week so far. By the time you all will see this, it will be Wednesday, the high is -12. Schools have been cancelled due to the horrible wind chill advisory/warning we have in place. A lot of businesses are going to be closed. But not the library, we NEVER close. I knew that listening to the forecasts earlier this week, but hoped when other places started closing (like the university, which also never happens), they'd close the library, no such luck. Got an email from the director, we're listed as a warming center for the county, so no way would we be closed. One of those times I wish I didn't work at the library. 
Though I'm really glad to be at the library instead of the basketball games, because those are still going on, too. Wouldn't want to cancel those. Not even the fear of getting frostbite in 5 minutes and temperatures of up to -55 degrees. 
I'm ready for spring.

Head on over to Terri's blog to see what other people answered this week.

5 comments:

Lori said...

The thing you posted about jealousy...that is me in a nutshell. I am always wondering why everyone else has everything so easy and my husband and I struggle so much. I can't worry about it though. It is what it is. That is why I also chose jealousy though.
Our libraries opened late today, but they must not be warming centers. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Cranberry Morning said...

Boy, I'm ready for spring too! Mr. C. told me that in Minneapolis they're telling people to keep their thermostats set at 60 and don't use gas appliances. Really? Evidently our -30 degrees is really making a drain on energy. So sorry the libraries are open! It seems like everyone should be able to stay home and try to stay warm.

Jodi said...

This bitter old snap just has to go!! Stay warm! Have a great day!

Allstarme79 said...

Ugh, stay warm!

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Ugh!! I like snow but not the cold, cold weather. Seems like for safety reasons, I should stay home.