Saturday, October 14, 2017

Weekly Update

Every October, I watch a horror/scary movie every day up to Halloween and end with Maximum Overdrive. I remember seeing part of it at a party when I was young and when I finally figured out what it was, I've watched it on Halloween ever since I bought it.
Last week, I started with The Hills Have Eyes, Silent Hill, The Crazies, Seven, Saw, 28 Weeks Later, Misery, and The Craft.
Sunday: I worked Sunday, and the Halloween movie was Last House on the Left. I have been not interested in crafting lately, I looked at my pictures and noticed I hadn't done anything crafty since last Tuesday. I feel I've just been sitting around watching TV lately.
Monday: Other than no mail, I don't remember anything exciting happening. I went to work that night. My Halloween movie was Identity.
Tuesday: I finished some swaps.
An alphabet tag swap:
 A calendar tag swap:
 A card challenge:
 A book page card:
And I went to work that night. My movie for the night was The Mist.
Wednesday: I went to work that morning, ran my usual errands of mailing swaps and grocery shopping on my way home.
I got a big box from Hollar:
 I've been having some weird days, getting the Hollar box totally helped. LOVE everything in this picture.
Thursday: I went shopping. I needed some more flats to wear at work and another pair of boots for the upcoming season. I bought these cute socks a while back:
 When I put them on today, they weren't near as cute as I wanted them to be. The sparkly part of the sunglasses are right in the arch of my foot, so that was strange. Sadly they will make it into the Goodwill box.
I went to our new Walmart that I've been to three times. It's out of my way, but I still like to visit it infrequently. I found this gorgeous teapot:
 I also found these cute sticker books in the sticker aisle. I bought the two in the next picture.
 They also had some planner kits:
 They look like they had a ziploc bag, some washi, some stickers, some page flags, a binder clip and a ruler. Pretty cute, but I'm not a planner girl.
Here's what I bought:
 project life cards ($3), cacti stickers (47 cents), blingy flower stickers ($1), three sticker packs ($2.97 each).
Here's a close-up of what's included in the project life cards:
 The collection is Lucky Charm, every journaling card has gold foiling on them, the original price was $7.86. I love these smaller kits because there is no way I can use the 600 cards that come in the core kits. I love Project Life cards, but I suck at using them.
Here's one of the sticker packs:
 It's called Tasty Treats mega sticker pad. There's two of every sheet in it. I'm loving the kawaii food.
Here's a close-up of the more plannerish sticker pack:
 They don't have titles, but I am rather impressed on Walmart's selection of their small planner section, there were a couple of clear cling stamp sets for the same price. I'm not a planner person, but I love the decorative stickers.
Here's the other one I picked up:
Again, love these stickers.
Here's some more of my goodies:
 sticker maker ($3), trim ($1.50), tape ($5.84), Oreo bars ($1.84 each), I didn't know there was a mint version, and mini bags ($1). I was really excited to have found the clearance section at this Walmart, and I found a ton of great deals.
And some necessities:
flats ($14), boots ($20) and a bralette ($2). Like I said I needed new shoes, Walmart's cheap and they work for me. The bralette I had picked up a smaller size at the other Walmart awhile ago, sadly it didn't fit. I'm wickedly excited about this bralette, it's very comfortable.
I wandered over to our mall to check out the TJ Maxx and found a new pop up store:

 I'm thinking it's only here for the holidays, I also saw a new clothing store, also looked like a pop up.
Sadly, TJ Maxx didn't have anything I was interested in this time, they even shrunk their clearance section. I did buy some cookies and lunch. My movie is supposed to be Tortured, but as I read the back of the DVD case, I realized it's not actually a horror/scary movie.
Looks like Wednesday was the last day I watched a horror/scary movie . Like I said Thursday's choice wasn't one, Friday felt like Saturday all day and now it is Saturday. I went to work Thursday night.
Friday I was supposed to just relax and have to myself. I had a three-day weekend and was so excited. Until I saw the tracking on two of my packages said they'd been delivered only they weren't anywhere to be found. When the rest of my mail was delivered I asked the postal carrier and he kinda looked at me and then said, yeah I thought about that when I was delivering the rest of your mail. I must have delivered them to the wrong address, so I'm standing there waiting for him to give me some reassurance that I would get them, on the verge of tears because I was so upset. I give him my phone number and go back home, I call the postal service's 100 number and they tell me it will be a 45-50 minute wait before they can help me. Then I hear a knock on my door and he says he found them and picked them back up. He's standing there like he's waiting for me to tell him, it's ok that he screwed up. I was so upset that I got dressed and started towards the post office, before getting there, I called my friend who works in the postal system for advice, plus I didn't want to go in pissed off. Apparently, as long as you got your packages, not much would be done. My roommate and I were thinking later, if I hadn't said anything, what would have happened with my packages? I'll never know if whoever he delivered them to would have tried to get them to the right address or dropped them off at the post office saying they were delivered to them by mistake, or if they would have just opened them and got my stuff. That's what bothers me the most. And that got me upset for about the rest of the day.
But the stuff I got in the mail, was pretty cool.
November calendar tag:
 Pink card:
 Mini Halloween pocket letter:
 And the two packages, my Esther Luka Family fall swap:
 And a holiday banner swap:
Everything I got was extra cool and I am again overwhelmed and humbled by what people send me in swaps. Of course it's not like I send crappy stuff, but sometimes I feel the world is so much better at making stuff than I am.
I spent the rest of the day watching TV.
Saturday: I planned to get up and go to a sale, until I verified the address and realized it was in a different town. So, I watched TV and created. I finished quite a few things.
The next few pictures are for a bigger swap I'm in.
Fall pocket letter:
 flowers:
 cards:
 envelope:
I had pulled out of this swap, and then made these to rejoin, because I love hedgehogs.
Hedgehog mini pocket letters:
 I also received my end of the alphabet tag swap in the mail:
While I really needed the days off, 3 might have been a bit much. I got a little bored today, but I have a lot more crafting to do, and some stuff to watch/read that needs returning on Monday. I put in for some vacation at work, because apparently I'm at my max. I was looking at my calendar and it just means I'll have a few more 3 day stretches off, but I really think I do need them, I just need to find more stuff to fill my time.

No comments: