Thursday, October 26, 2017

Hollar Haul

Last week, I watched Spicey Cat Jams video about mystery boxes on Hollar, so I bought two. I got one of my boxes today (10/25) with a few other things, tracking says I'll get the other one tomorrow (10/26).
Here's what I got:
 I paid $10 for the mystery boxes, Hollar just sent me an email saying they are now $6, with the same amount of items (8) and same value ($25), I'm tempted to get more. Anywho, what I got: Hollar Kitchen 10-piece Glass Bowl & Lid set $5, Cobi Wild Story 2 Building Set - Mystery Bay $9.25, some kind of picture frame I can't find it on the website $5?, Hype Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Pod - Red $10.25, Rapunzel dress up shoes I can't find them either but a Frozen tiara is $6 so let's go with $6, also can't find this one but it's a Disney princess fashion angel sketch portfolio a comparable one is $6.25, a journal, also can't find it, but I'm guessing anywhere from $2-$5; and a stuffed elephant that I also can't find, but he's about the same size as the two bears in the next photo, so I'm gonna go with about $4.50. That's over a $20 value.
I figure, I'll donate the Disney Princess items and the play set to Toys for Tots, and give the rest as gifts, but keep the elephant for me.
I also picked up these two stuffed bears, they were $3. 50, they measure 10.5 inches, which I realize it says on Hollar, I just neglected to read that, I thought they were smaller, I also thought they were a bit high, but I'm good now.
Here's what I got in my second shipment, the grab box:
 Frozen operation game, which I can't find on the site, but a puzzle was about $8; Photo collage frame, I can't find the same one, but comparable ones are $4.99; 20 piece food storage set which I also can't find, but there's a smaller 30 piece one for $5.50; Disney Minnie Mouse Infant Bodysuit 2Pack - Yellow $7; a zombiezz action figure, I also can't find that, but action figures seem to range from $3.50-$9.99, this one's probably on the lower side; Peppa pig playing cards, which I also can't find, but those seem to range from $2-$9.99, I'm guessing these are around $6 due to product placement; a Lalaloopsy action figure, also can't find that, but a Peppa Pig one is $6, so go with that; and a Striped Bamboo Placemat $2.
So, I basically got two picture frames, two sets of food storage, a few child's toys, a placemat, a speaker and a journal. Not that bad, but I was hoping for something really cool. I probably wouldn't buy any of these if I had the choice. Like I said, I'll donate the toys to Toys for Tots, I'll probably gift the picture frames and food storage containers. I'll be keeping the elephant and journal from the first box. I don't know what I'll do with the rest. I will say the amount you get is worth the $10, I just wish it was more to my liking.
Here's what else I ordered:
Portable hand held sewing machine $2.99, Minion with Chupa Chups Lollipop $1.99, Sherwood Peanut Pumpkin Seed & Raisin Clusters 3 oz $1.29, My Neighbor Totoro Window Cling Plush $3.50, Mini Pumpkin Head Ornament $0.75, Zip-Lock Poly Bags 1.5"x2" $2.00, Turtle Body Massager $1.99, A Bride's Wish Floral Embellishments 6 Count $1.50, Canvas Pennant Sheets 6 Count $2.
I picked up the sewing machine to see if it would sew on paper, I'd been eyeing it for awhile, and it went down in price. I picked up the minion just because. Obviously I was hungry, so I picked up the peanut clusters, I remember thinking I was going to remove them before placing my order, ooops. I couldn't pass up the My Neighbor Totoro plush, I just wanted him. I got caught up in the email about the mini pumpkin head ornament and the turtle massager. I picked up the bags for swaps, though for some reason I thought they were larger. I also thought that about the flowers. Apparently, I have a hard time reading the size in the descriptions. I also think I added the flowers and bags to make the minimum for the shipping. I just get so excited looking at the pictures, that I forget to scroll down and read the descriptions.
I almost forgot to add the best thing from this haul. It was sold by someone else on Hollar, so it came the Saturday before (10/21) everything else.
It's a phone case for my iPhone 4S. I was super excited just to get a phone case for my phone, as it's not new and I rarely see any phone cases for it, and never anything really cool. It was $0.90, with $1.99 shipping, so it was about $3. LOVE IT!!!!
I'd love to buy more of the mystery boxes on the chance I'd get something good. I know they had specific section boxes before, I'd totally buy a home or office supply one. But, I also found I might be paying more for certain things in my life soon, so I need to practice (I feel I say this a lot, and I never do it) not spending money on stuff I don't need.

No comments: