Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Hodgepodge Vol 327

It's time for the weekly Hodgepodge. Head on over to Joyce's blog to see what other people have answered.

1. What does/did Halloween look like at your house this year? Did you decorate? Pick pumpkins? Carve pumpkins? Expect trick or treaters? Wear a costume to a party or event? Make a costume? Feel glad you didn't have to come up with a costume? Cook a Halloween themed treat? Eat all the leftover candy?
Here's what Halloween looks like in my house this year:
 A bunch of pumpkins with a jack-o-lantern mixed in, a skeleton bird and a squishy zombie.
A couple tags I got in swaps and a plush candy corn.
I don't do much for Halloween, I live in an apartment and don't get trick or treaters, I don't dress up because I don't need to. I actually didn't work either of the days that my town had trick or treating. So, basically, I'm watching scary movies on my day off.2. What are you waiting for? Elaborate. Swaps, I'm always waiting for swaps. I'm also waiting (not looking forward to) November 1st, it's that time of year when I have to apply for health insurance again. My health insurance provider told me my premium will go up $200, I can't afford that. I'm hoping I can find something cheaper, or I may have to go without.

3. Do you wish you were friendlier, braver, more creative, more athletic, or something else? Explain.
I wish I was braver, if I was I could leave this town, move somewhere else and probably find a better paying job that provides benefits I can afford.
4. When it comes time to paint are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone? What was the last paint job completed at your house? What room most needs painting now? How do you feel about wallpaper?
Like I said, I live in an apartment, I have no control over the painting. Though, I would most likely DIY it. My parents owned two houses when I was growing up, one they rented each floor out, and the other they rented the third floor out, if we ever needed something done, we'd do it ourselves. I'd love to have my own little house some day and decorate it however I wished.
5. What is one specific thing you felt gratitude for in the month of October?
Lame answer, but money, I was so happy I had the money to do all this shopping I was doing, of course now, I realize I shouldn't have done any of it. 90% is stuff I don't need, while I'll probably use it, I just have too much stuff and don't need it.
6.  Insert your own random thought here.
Kind of disappointing answers this week. I'm sorry, I've been freaking out about healthcare and then yesterday I got the information about my rising premium and was depressed all day. I'm still depressed about it, but I figured something out that may help, but prices are still bad. I don't want to be told to stop spending money, but that's where I am. I also don't want to be depressing to anyone, but it's my blog and since when people ask how you are they don't really care about the answer, my blog is where I whine.

3 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

No doubt about it, this healthcare thing has to be solved. It's awful what many people are going through.

PJ said...

You can definitely say what you want in your blog as it needs to represent you.

The same as you, I would so love to have our own home one day that we could decorate however we liked.

Hope things improve for you over the next few weeks. :)

Susan said...

You've nailed it! Your blog is YOUR BLOG... and you can whine, laugh, joke or whatever you want. It's a great way to release what's building up inside.

I can't imagine what it must be like with the insurance. I'm Canadian, whatever payments we make for medicare is done through our income tax and then we're pretty much covered more-or-less.

I think your halloween decorations are pretty cute, especially that fluffy candycorn with the lopsided eyes lol. He's cute. I live in an apartment as well so I know what you mean with the DIY redecorating thing, it bites sometimes if the landlord is picky on that stuff or won't allow other colours except white and eggshell (not a fan of eggshell at all!!!)

Keep using your blog to vent your emotions, its an outlet, and in the interim, I will will pray that things work out in your favour with regards to your financial needs.

Take care :-)