Saturday, October 28, 2017

Weekly Update

Sunday: I know I sat on my butt a lot. I also finished a book (technically it was Monday before I finished it). I need to be doing more of that. I also worked on a few art projects.
Monday: my boss said I need to be taking some vacation, cause I'm topped out, so I took the next three Monday's off. It's nice to not go to work, and it gives me long vacations. I finally got my lollipop box in the mail:
 Check out the blog post, here.
I created this sad, little pumpkin from stuff in the box:
I also finished a Fantasyland flip book:
And put together a Christmas ephemera swap package:
 I actually added more after taking this picture and took out something.
Tuesday: My brother sent me this:
 He really does know what I like, he should just stick to that.
I also got another swap package ready to go:
 And packaged up my fantasyland flip book, my Look What I Made swap that I finished last week, and the two small swaps above to be mailed out on Wednesday.
Wednesday: I was exhausted, I tried to go to sleep early Tuesday night, but couldn't and kept waking up. Ironically, I wasn't that tired when I went to bed that night. After finishing up at the post office, I saw one of my Hollar boxes was at the post office to be delivered on Thursday, so I picked it up:
 This is the contents of a mystery box. I didn't do much else on Wednesday.
Thursday: I went to Hobby Lobby, I needed a few items for upcoming Christmas swaps. Our town just created/painted these bike lanes on one of our resurfaced streets and I found it kinda ironic that people were misusing them already:
 Basically you're suppose to stop behind it, so a biker can go ahead of you in the intersection. Now, I know there wasn't a biker there, but if one happened to come along, they would have been out of luck.
Here's what I picked up at Hobby Lobby:
 some papers, buttons, tape and snowflakes. I realized I didn't have anything bigger than 6x6 paper for Christmas. I have one swap where we're creating envelopes to stuff and one where I'm doing an Advent calendar pocket letter. I picked up the plaid paper because I figured I didn't have to use it for Christmas and it would make nice backgrounds. The snowflake paper is for a winter white pocket letter. I also picked up the smaller paper pad because again, a lot of it didn't have to be for Christmas. I don't like buying paper pads that you can only use for one holiday. I was in the washi aisle, which is also the button aisle and picked up a grab bag. I tried to look at the clearance, but they had so many boxes and carts sitting in front of it, that all I picked up was this roll of tape. I picked up the snowflake packs for some winter wands. I picked up the sticker roll to decorate my plaid backgrounds.
Here's my favorites from the button bag:
 It turned out to be about half the bag.
I also got another Hollar box in the mail, this is what was in another mystery box. Go here for the blog post.
Work was pretty slow, but normal for a Thursday night.
Friday: I woke up feeling like crap, had a bad headache, was really hot, felt sick to my stomach and very light headed. I called in sick to work and basically slept all day.
It's that time of the year when I freak out about health insurance. My insurance company was supposed to be sending a renewal packet, but I haven't seen it yet, so I sent them a message today. I'm hoping to get the information before November 1st. I looked at a few plans in the marketplace, and yes I'm freaking out a little bit (though you'd never know it). I wondering if that's what caused me to feel so crappy this morning, that I actually worried myself sick, I don't know. I did realize on Thursday when I went shopping, I just didn't want to shop. So, like I said I'm gonna try really hard to not buy stuff I don't need, I've do my Christmas shopping year round, but I still have a few things to pick up for my family. Thankfully, they realize I don't have a lot of money, so I don't spend a bunch on them. I try to find things I really think they'll enjoy. I also realized today that I'm sure they don't need a bunch more stuff as well, I certainly don't need it. Though as I type that, My Neighbor Totoro stuffed guy is sitting on my 'table' and just making me smile. So, I guess I should just stick to the ones that really make me happy.
I think part of the reason I'm more bummed this week, is cause I cut back on swaps because I was tired of people being rude about swaps. And, aside from the Lollipop box I got on Monday, I haven't gotten anything crafty in the mail this week. It's actually been a pretty sad week for mail, other than my Lollipop box on Monday and my two Hollar boxes on Wednesday and Thursday, I haven't gotten anything in the mail. I know I can't get more swaps than I sign up for, but when I'm spending up to $20 a week on postage, it's about the same as just buying a bunch of stuff. I spent under $9 this week, I liked that. I know I have a swap that I'll probably be sending in a priority mail flat rate envelope, I have another that will be in a legal size envelope, but will be a parcel, another couple I haven't signed up for yet, but are coming up that will be kinda large.  I can't believe some people saying they pay as much as $50 in postage each week, I couldn't do that. I'd love to have someone to do a monthly swap with. I had a couple people that got too busy to do it and another where I realized I had signed up for too many swaps at the moment.
Saturday: So much for no happy mail this week, I checked my mail before I went to work about 12:45 pm and found a card:
We had done a swap a few weeks ago that was supposed to be stamping on a book page, coloring it in and making a card with it. She didn't realize she was supposed to make a card with it, so she made a card with another colored page.
And then when I got home from work about 6:45, I looked again and I had this package:
It was supposed to be for a Christmas ephemera swap, but my partner got confused.
My mail has been coming pretty late recently.
It was a nice ending for the week, especially with the strangeness that was work.

No comments: