Wednesday, September 27, 2017

It's Hodgepodge time.

It's been awhile, but reading the questions this morning, got me inspired to join in on the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So, head on over to Joyce's blog for other people's answers


1. What pets did you have while growing up? Tell us a little something about them.
My first pet, was an albino guinea pig named Miss Piggy, we had her a really long time. We got her at a local college celebration (which has since been cancelled). I had guinea pigs mostly, I had a couple gerbils and a hamster, too. My favorite were the guinea pigs, they sit there and let you cuddle them. Guinea pigs are still my favorite pets today.
2. What is one thing you absolutely must accomplish today?
I need to go to the post office and grocery shopping.
3. Where were you ten years ago? What were you doing there?
Let's see, I would have been 24 years old in 2007, I had just started dating my boyfriend (now ex) in May, we had just gone on a short little vacation by ourselves and were enjoying life as a couple. I was working in an art store and still living under my parents roof (technically, I had my own apartment, but it was still in their house). 
4. September 26th is National Dumpling Day. Did you celebrate? Apple dumpling, xiao long bao (steamed Chinese dumpling), chicken and dumplings, pirogi, matzoh balls, or gnocchi...which dumpling on this list would be your dumpling of choice? Have you ever made homemade dumplings of any kind?
Chicken and dumplings. I've had some really good ones, it's amazing how different they are.
5. 'There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find an adventure and those who go secretly hoping they don't.' William Trogdon
So which kind are you?
I'd be ok with an adventure, my life is really boring, so going off on an adventure at the spur of the moment would be great. My ex used to do that, we'd get in his truck and just kinda go off in one direction, it was such a nice change from my mother who has to know where she's going. I figure if you don't have anywhere to be, what's the harm in exploring?
6. Insert your own random thought here.
September ends this week. I'm ready for it and also not. I've been really stressed lately, I'm not entirely sure why, and I keep hoping going back to my normal schedule will help, and October takes me back to that. 
I decided last night I'm tired of being that person that gives so much. I'm always putting together gifts for friends and putting more in my art swaps than is required and not getting anything, or not as much back. I'm wondering if that's contributing to my stress as well.

1 comment:

PJ said...

I always wanted a guinea pig when I was growing up as they fascinated me, but it was not to be. Miss Piggy sounds lovely.
I think the thing that will help with your stress is to focus on you a bit more - make sure that you have recharged your inner needs before giving to others.
Have a great day.