Thursday, September 28, 2017

Hobby Lobby Haul

II went to Hobby Lobby today. Christmas, Fall and Halloween were all 40% off, plus there was the paper blowout sale where Paper Studio and Stampabilities are 50% off. I had one item that I used a 40% off coupon and other things were in clearance.
I saw these cute tag sets, but did not get them
Unicorns:
 Tropical:
 Llamas:
 They had empty spots for others like ice cream, so I'd love to see what the other ones are.
Here's what I got:
 I have been picking up a lot of cactus stuff (I've also been hoarding it, so I need to use it). The journaling cards at the top are 3D, originally $5.99, I bought two at $1.55 each. The stickers were all 50% off, I believe these were all $2.49 originally, so I paid $1.25 each.
I paid $1.79 for the sequins. I'm putting together some goody bags for friends for Halloween, so I picked up the monster kit for $3.59. I have a fall banner I need to make, so I picked up the single sheets of paper as well as the stickers for it. The stickers were $1.19, and the papers were $.29 each.
 I've not really been into the dreamcatcher whatever thing, but I loved this sticker sheet. These journaling cards are again 3D, this whole section had these, the cacti and a birthday set (in the next picture), they are originally $5.99, there is one shaker, one folder and one other one. I LOVE them. I would have bought them all, but I don't have a reason to have them. I'm loving the unicorn trend, so I bought the long sheet and the unicorn cupcake sheet. I also love the mermaid trend, so I picked these up.
 Last night I was making a birthday card and I'm not that great at cards in general, but if I have things to layer, I'm better. Anywho, I realized I didn't have a lot of birthday stickers, so I picked up more today. A lot of the sheets I saw didn't have a lot of 'Happy Birthday' stickers, they had more celebrate or make a wish, stuff like that. Not that that sheet with the balloons and cake has a lot either. Also, saw the journaling cards on clearance and picked them up.
 So, apparently Paper Studio has washi sets kinda like Recollections, except this one was normally $29.99, so I got it for $14.99. I don't have any fall washi and I really liked the collection, plus it was the only one there. I think that's part of stores ploy, they don't stock a lot (I bet they have more in the back), so if you see a limited amount, you have to get them because you think they are the last ones. The reindeer I picked up for my brother, he collects them (I'm probably almost done Christmas shopping for him). I loved the drink stickers. I signed up for an Advent calendar pocket letter, so I got this cute snowman ornament kit.
 I couldn't pass up the woodland animals, especially since they are under a buck. The color your own, I picked up a sheet of these awhile ago, but I have no idea where they went. I just really loved this Olaf sticker, also under $1. These are the banner pieces I went for. I signed up for a holiday banner swap, and I don't have anything very sturdy for a background, this is the item I used the 40% off coupon on.
I love those three sheets at the top, the one on the left is ArtC, the two on the right are Amy Tangerine, these items rarely go on sale. I needed some letters for my banner, so I picked up the large black ones. The orange ones were on clearance, I loved the look of them, so I picked up two. The other black ones had three sheets for $1.79, I couldn't pass them up.

So, I spent a little over $70, which is the most I've ever spent at Hobby Lobby. I always tell myself to think about how much it would be if I bought things at full price, but I wouldn't buy a lot of the clearance items at full price or even some of the more expensive kit items. I don't even like to look at some items if they aren't on sale.
I was going through my pictures from the last year and realized I use the majority of the items I buy. Sometimes it's a long time later, but most items I use, so I guess I shouldn't feel guilty. I also decided I need to carry a list of swaps I'm currently signed up for, so I know what I need.
On my way home, I saw a sign for a garage sale, after spending so much at Hobby Lobby, I didn't want to think about garage sales, (I didn't even go to JoAnn's and to get my chai like I was going to), but I do need to get out and walk more. I feel I haven't done that much this year, so I will make myself go out garage saleing tomorrow and Saturday, I don't have to buy anything. I have noticed I've been a lot better about not buying things at garage sales versus in stores.

No comments: