Saturday, September 30, 2017

Garage sales

I was thinking the other day that I hadn't been to a lot of garage sales this year. Sometimes I was tired, sometimes there weren't any that sounded good, sometimes I just didn't care. I didn't want to go out this morning, I wanted to sleep in and not do stuff, but man I'm glad I did go out.
Anywho, first up, there was one yesterday, that I went to on my way home from work. I paid a whopping $1 for these:
 The mouse Christmas cards were too cute to pass up, normally I stay away from Christmas cards and go with holiday cards (they say Merry Chris-mouse on the inside), but I loved the mouse. I picked up the teapot for my boss, I just noticed the bunny on the left doesn't have any ears, so I guess I'll just put it on the free table at work, maybe she'll pick it up.
Last night, I was creating a banner for a swap and was so proud of myself for using two different rolls of washi I'd never used before. I also used some paper and ephemera. I feel like I keep buying stuff and not using it, so it felt really good.
Like I said this morning, I just wanted to sleep in and be lazy, but I figured I might as well check out the two on my list. I'm very glad I did, I picked up everything in the pictures for a total of 7.25
 The washi was in bags of three or four rolls, there wasn't any one bag where I wanted every roll, and I'm sure none of them are brand new, but for a quarter each, they were priced just right. Most everything I picked up was a quarter, there need to be more sales like that. Some of the beads I might have picked up just because I had another bag in my hand and then put it down when I saw the stickers and someone else picked it up, but again everything is a quarter. I'm not a planner person, but I love the images on these stickers.
 Again with loving the images on the stickers, a lot of these were mostly 60's vibe with paper dolls and sewing patterns mixed in. I might have to incorporate them into a retirement card for my mother (she's retiring from teaching beginning sewing at the university in December). I couldn't pass up the cork stickers, also there were some cute typewriters in there.
 I loved the three sticker books: Lisa Frank, Valentine's Day with animals, and a winter cooking theme. I was surprised to find when I opened one of the bags of stickers (that I totally bought for the owls), that it had stickers that matched the foam stickers I picked up at Target years ago. The box on the bottom is full of ephemera, and I have a hard time passing those by, it was 50 cents.
 The paper was 5 for $1, I picked up mainly neutral fun patterns. There is a sheet of letters and the frog and books page.
 The packet of plain card was from a different sale for $1, the pumpkin was 50 cents. I picked up the Spee Dee Shopper for the ephemera in it, it's got some vintage coupons, it was 50 cents. The Iowa bag was $1.
 The paper clips were in one bag and the fall ephemera another. Look at those cute animals, especially the owl and fox. I may have solely picked up the ephemera for the mason jar.
These next pictures are of a bag of journaling cards that was 50 cents, I thought I could find a few things to make it worth the money:
 I especially like the heart in this picture, though not much else.
There were a couple sets in there, I like the strawberry holder and the Farmer's market card. Sadly, there wasn't a ton that I liked in the bag.

I think I scored great at this sale. I was thinking as I was walking home, I probably got just about as much as I did in the sale in this weekly update, but at a better price.

No comments: