1. When and where were the best fireworks you've ever seen? Speaking of fireworks...do you know your hot buttons? The things people can say and/do to set you off? When was the last time someone pushed one of your hot buttons? I'm not sure they were the best fireworks, but my two best memories of fireworks are: 1. one year my ex took me to fireworks in a different town and they ended up being on my birthday. I remember us sitting on the toolbox in his truck bed, leaning on the back of the truck cab, I miss that. 2. When I was younger, my mom's side of the family used to come over and spend the 4th of July weekend with us. We'd go to a parking lot and watch the fireworks. I remember one year I was so excited to ride with my cousins because their mom didn't require us to wear seatbelts. I also remember the huge lines of cars trying to get out after the fireworks.
Annoying people asking stupid questions set me off. My mother seems to know what my hot buttons are, even when I don't because she always sets me off. She didn't quite follow my directions when I told her what I wanted for my birthday, she's always buying stuff for me that she wants, not what I want.
2. Have you hosted any outdoor summer parties this year? Attended any? What makes for a great outdoor party? I don't have an outdoor space to host parties. I went to one on Saturday, my dad's side of the family does one every year around the 4th of July. We were discussing what a great day it was, I think you need that, good food and great company.
3. What does freedom mean to you? Ability to do what I want when I want. I don't know it's a pretty deep question, and I'm not doing deep today.
4. July is National Cell Phone Courtesy month...what annoys you most about people's cell phone habits? How about talking so loud that everyone can hear you. Sometimes I'm tempted to jump in on people's conversations just cause they talk so loud.
5. What's your current summer anthem? I've always liked this song by Kenny Chesney:
Two barefeet on the dashboard
Young love and an old ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoohoo bottle rolling of the floorboard
Perfect song on the radio
I had my bare feet on the dashboard, we weren't quite sure if we were in love, his truck was a Ford, not old. I had sunglasses on, not cheap, I have tattoos. There was not a Yoohoo bottle on the floor, but this song did come on.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I needed a break from people today. I'm an introvert and I feel like I spent the last 3 days with people. Saturday, I had the family get together, Sunday was my birthday, I had lunch with friends, then went to a museum with my family. Yesterday, my family went to lunch for my mom's birthday and I had to work last night. I just need a day to myself. I know it's the 4th and I should go out to the parade and do whatever stuff I'm supposed to do, but I just need a break (I feel I had this same thought on Memorial Day).