Friday, June 30, 2017

Weekly update

I don't feel like separating out my shopping trips this week, so I'm not gonna.
Sunday: I made a birthday card for one of my supervisors:
 I'm liking these envelope flip books.
I also finished up a mini pocket letter to send out as happy mail:
 Monday: I went to Target and Dollar Tree. I realized there were a few more things I wanted to pick up for favors for my birthday brunch next week, and I wasn't sure if I'd find the right things at garage sales this week, and I wouldn't have time on Saturday to go shopping if I didn't find anything at the garage sales.
Here's Target:
 Kashi bars, Rolaids, magnetic bookmarks, Unreal candy, glitter washi tape, mini sticky notes, sticker book.
The Kashi I had a cartwheel for, as I did for the Rolaids, the flavor of Target brand antacids I have right now is getting sad, so I wanted to try something different. I've been seeing people haul these magnetic bookmarks on Youtube, so I was really happy my store had them. The Unreal candy is basically M&Ms, as far as I can tell, the bags were $0.48 each, so I bought 3 for my friends and one for me, I haven't tried them yet. The glitter washi is for a swap, it's hot pink with silver stars. I just loved the sticky notes and I liked the sticker book.
Dollar Tree:
tumblers, scissors, duct tape, Snickers, bags, ice cubes
I was originally going to get mugs for my friends because I found them at a sale last weekend, but then decided one of them didn't really fit my friend's personality and I was still short one, so when I saw these tumblers at Dollar Tree I picked them up, I had another one at home I'm using. I have like six pairs of scissors but I'm always losing them. I found a pair at Tuesday Morning last week for $1.99 and I almost picked it up, but my friend says she just gets hers at Dollar Tree, sadly I wanted a better pair than I found. I'm always picking up cute duct tape, as I was putting it away later I found my tape drawers are full, so I need to stop doing that. The Snickers hazelnut was for me, the Snickers almond, I put in my treat bags. The bags are to put the tumblers in, I've put all my other stuff in the tumblers (I decided not to personalize), so I just need to decorate the bags and put the tumblers in the bags. I was rather excited my Dollar Tree has these plastic ice cubes.
 Placemats, stickers, pens, book, buttons, sequins
I use the placemats on my desk when I'm crafting, the pens are for me (cause I can't pass up gel pens), I want to make a flip book with these wall stickers, I thought the heart stickers were cute and I have a swap of a summer flip book, so I picked up the other stickers. The cookbook is for me, I don't really know why I picked it up. The buttons and sequins are for a swap.
When I got home I had a swap in the mail:
 I love these little shaker paper clips she made me.
It was a summer sticker swap. I'm thinking of using the vintage ones on a summer pocket letter I have to make. I'm sure the rest will be great to use in my summer flip book.
and then I had to work Monday night.
Tuesday: I don't remember doing much, I think I just watched movies, which is good cause I had a ton checked out. I worked Tuesday night.
Wednesday: I opened at the library, as I was leaving I saw this rock:
 I thought it was cute. I think it would be fun to hide rocks throughout the library as a fun scavenger hunt.
I finally decided to open my loaded bag swap:
 I'm loving that little elephant paper clip.
I also opened another piece of happy mail:
 Lefthandedcrafter on Youtube buys these garlands at Dollar Tree and then makes paper clips out of them, she had a drawing for her latest bunch and I won.
She also sent me this:
 Another garland she picked up, I'm thinking I'll need to use at least one piece on that summer flip book.
Thursday: I made a pocket letter and mailed out some packages and went to work.
Friday: No sales in my area. I worked extra in May and got paid for that, but apparently I should have just asked for money for my birthday. I didn't even spend that much money between the 15th and the end of the month, but I do have three bills in there. Most of my money goes to postage and food. I wish food was cheaper, if I want interesting food, it's expensive. If I buy the cheap food, it's boring. I also usually get $20 out on my weekly shopping trip and try using that on some purchases so I don't have to spend out of my checking account. I only spent $30 on my shopping trip at the beginning of the week.
Why is it, when I think I'm doing well with money, I'm really not?
Tomorrow, I'm planning to check out the farmer's market because we're having a family get-together that afternoon.

No comments: