Tuesday, May 02, 2017
Hodgepodge Volume 306
1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo? I like Mexican food, I really like our local Mexican restaurant, El Azteca, I like to get the same thing when I go, I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it's got meat and cheese. I don't do well with spicy foods. Honestly, I haven't even thought about it, probably not, I have plans for a few garage sales and then work.
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish? No. I'm not a big travel outside of the US person. I can speak very little Spanish, I took it the first three years of high school.
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month? I will be finishing a bunch of art swaps I signed up for.
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered? I don't know. My mother was on the city council when I was in high school, it's not something I ever want to do.
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get? Buying distressed jeans, I figure if my jeans are gonna have rips and holes in them, I will have put them there.
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land? I'm not a fan of Star Wars, I watched the middle three when I was a kid and I like the Ewoks, R2D2 and C3PO, but it just doesn't interest me. The library is showing Rogue One and I'll be interested to see how many people show up.
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time? The changing of relationships and growing apart. It made me a bit nostalgic for that time, or even the older time it was describing. I certainly miss having people to talk to, and I definitely miss talking to the cops in my town.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I just paid off my student loans, I have this huge grin on my face and I want to celebrate. Maybe I'll buy myself something extra nice at the garage sales this weekend.
Because I don't have enough. Hobby Lobby had Christmas at 50% off last week and since I didn't know if that would continue on this ...
I was watching Amy's Got a Gluegun on YouTube, and she answered these questions and I thought it would be fun to do the same, so here g...
So, It's been awhile, cause that always seems to happen. I've just been creating for swaps, and being a lump on my couch. Check o...