Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Dollar Tree, Target, Walmart haul


 I went shopping last Thursday. I was going to go on Tuesday, but the weather was crappy, Wednesday I felt crappy, so on Thursday I made myself go. Here's what I got:
 I started out at a local celebration store. I see in other people's hauls about what cool stuff they got at party stores. This one was sad, everything was either really expensive or didn't have a price at all.
Next up was Dollar Tree:
 stocking, ornaments, toys, food, stickers, cards
I love this Star Wars stocking, sadly the person I was going to give it to doesn't celebrate Christmas, so I'll have to figure out something else to do with it. I bought the owl and snowman ornament for me, but I'll probably end up sending them out in swaps. I bought the bumbles from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer clay mation show for me and a friend. I bought the stickers for easy cards. It was about lunchtime when I made it to the Dollar Tree, so I bought the Indulgent trail mix and the peanut butter snickers because I was hungry. When I looked at my receipt later, I realized the peanut butter snickers were actually only $0.88. I bought the holiday cards because I think it's nicer than sending Christmas cards. If my friends don't celebrate Christmas, it's not rude to them. The minions taffy, 100 grand bars and the almond snickers were for Halloween goody bags for friends.
Next stop was Target:
 candy, pens, cards, sticky notes, erasers
Again, I bought the Lindt, Jordan almonds and the gummy bears for my Halloween goody bags. Sadly, the gummy bears bag had some slits cut into it, so they were not gummy. They were only $0.99, so I didn't feel too bad throwing them away, I just wish I had inspected the bag more carefully before buying it. The pens were for my goody bags, the blue one is for me. I always pick up cards in the dollar spot. I picked up two sets of those tiny Hello ones and ended up putting them in my Halloween goody bags along with the spider erasers. And, I can't pass up sticky notes.
Last stop was Walmart:
 I saw this ornament in their Christmas section. I believe it's supposed to be a bird in a cage, but none of them had eyes or beaks. It looks like a lump of beads with some feathers on the back.
I love this tree. I'm hoping to make something like this with paper strips. It'd be easier if I had Christmas/winter washi, but I don't.
Here's what I bought:
 stickers, tape, googly eyes, shipping labels, washi, push pins, tags, project life cards
Part of the reason I went shopping was because I needed alpha stickers, and while I really wanted to go to Hobby Lobby because they were having their 50% off blowout Paper Studio sale, I knew I wouldn't be able to walk away with just alpha stickers, so I picked up a few at Walmart. I also picked up some more Halloween stickers. The minion stickers and the "smiley" face guys were in the clearance section. I picked up the googly eyes because I could use them all year long, and then I promptly lost them after I took this photo. I wanted to use them the other day, but I have no idea where they are. I wanted this box of push pins, paper clips and binder clips since I saw it with their back to school stuff, but wasn't going to pay $5 for it, so when it was only $1 in the clearance, I totally bought it. I needed the shipping labels because I reuse a lot of my envelopes. I picked up the tags because they were $0.75, and the project life because they were $1, but rang up $0.75. I did find a few $1 paper packs, but the patterns were not something I'd use, so I passed on those. I did pick up these two washi. I'm not a huge pink person, but if you look at my washi, you'd think I was. I believe I have about 10 rolls of pinkish washi, whether it's solid or patterned, I don't know why I'm so drawn to pink washi.
ornaments, envelopes, food, t-shirt, towels.
I couldn't pass up this set of 6 owl ornaments for $1.98, or the other one. I also needed bubble mailers, which I believe the better deal is Dollar Tree. This was a set of 5 for $4 something. I've seen people haul these from Dollar Tree where they get 2 in a package for $1. I also needed some more of these flour sack dish towels, I just didn't know where to get them. I happened to turn down the right aisle at Walmart and found them, they were $4 something. The food is for my goody bags and of course I had to buy the Halloween t-shirt for $5.50. It's not solely Halloween, it has an owl clutching a scroll with keys and gold accents. I could probably wear this year round.

I really want to go shopping today to see what exciting deals stores are having on Halloween stuff, but I bought all the Halloween stuff I wanted when it wasn't on sale. Normally, I don't do a lot with Halloween, but seeing everyone's neat Halloween projects got me into it. I had a very hard time creating things though, I just wasn't that inspired. I have gathered all my Halloween art stuff in an envelope for next year, so I don't have this problem again. I'm going to attempt to not have this issue for Christmas.
I always tell myself I'm saving so much money by buying things on sale or clearance when the reality is, I wouldn't buy most of this stuff at full price, so I'm really not saving money. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time lately using my self-control.

No comments: