It's Hodgepodge time, head on over to Joyce's blog to see what other people have said.
1. I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were: Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Overcome your fears by facing them head on. I'm horrible at this. I'm much better at avoiding things, but I think I'll have to do this very soon.
Which one comes most easily to you? allow yourself to relax and reset, or mostly just relax. I find it so easy to put my music on and go for a walk, or just settle down with a good book.
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today? Totally take it to one of our Asian food stores and buy something new to try out.
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain. I'm really good at tripping over my feet, or more likely dropping tons of things on the floor.
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill? I'd love to learn how to ride a motorcycle, does that count?
5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? No, but I hope to when we go on a mini vacation in August.
enjoyed an ice cream cone? Plenty, yes. I have decided ice cream is a must for summer.
seen a summer blockbuster? Nope, I usually wait until the library has movies to watch them
camped? I don't do this camping thing you speak of
eaten corn on the cob? Nope
gardened? I'm not good with plants, plus I live in an apartment.
deliberately unplugged? No, I plan on doing that on my mini vacation as well
watched a ballgame? Not interested
picked fruit off the vine? Nope
taken a road trip? We went to my cousin's for his wedding
read a book? Reading books is a constant in my life
Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list? Like I said I hope to do a little swimming and getting away from technology on our mini vacation in a few weeks
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question? Not interested
7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer? I don't really have a certain one, but one I always associate with summer is Summertime by Kenny Chesney and a few lines worked great for me the first summer I was with my ex:
And it's two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-Hoo bottle on the floorboard
We were on our way back from a mini vacation and this song started playing on my MP3 player and it was perfect because I had my barefeet on the dashboard of his Ford truck (not old), my sunglasses on my face and I have three tattooes, no YooHoo bottle though. I always think of that when the song comes on. And though I'm not happy with my ex, it does make me smile.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Tomorrow is Wednesday, garage sale postings go up on Wednesday. Lately, I've noticed that once the week starts I keep looking forward to the weekend for garage sales. I've not found anything really cool yet, or hit the one jackpot sale of the year, but I keep hoping.
On our way home from Chicago, we stopped off at a Hobby Lobby, but unlike some other stores I feel all Hobby Lobby's have the same stuf...
Since I didn't do Hodgepodge today, and I saw one of my Youtube subscriptions do this, I thought I would too. They are fall questions. ...
It's Hodgepodge time again. Check out Joyce's blog to see other people's answers. 1. What would you say is the best and wor...
Because of the flooding last week, I decided I needed to pick up some more pocket pages, and Hobby Lobby had their PaperStudio and Stampabi...