It's Hodgepodge time, head on over to Joyce's blog to see what other people have to say.
1.July 15th is National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? Will you? I am trying to downsize a lot lately, I always seem to have a box waiting to be filled to take to Goodwill. I probably won't get rid of anything on the 15th, but things will be leaving my apartment soon.
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so. Not just for everyday life. I have one for when I'm going garage saleing: "If I'm meant to have it, it will be there when I get there", mostly so I don't freak out about getting up really early to get to them. I also tell myself to Just Breathe, when I have to work with difficult people.
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle? I'm the only one here, so I guess it's me. I try to shop once a week, when the grocery mailer comes out. I try to only buy things that are on sale. I'm also trying to eat a sandwich, chips and an apple for lunch and then a frozen dinner for supper. Sadly, I've given up on the apple, but I do the rest. So, I buy my sandwich fixings and try to get the cheapest frozen meals.
I know they say not to go when you're hungry, but I've found I can't grocery shop unless I'm hungry. I just can't think about planning meals unless I'm hungry, and then I have to go back multiple times in a week, and then I spend more money.
4. Is there a TV show you're embarrassed to say you watch? You're going to tell us what it is, right? I don't watch TV. First it was I didn't really like a lot of the shows on TV, and then I got bored with waiting through commercials. Now, my rabbit ears aren't even hooked up and I mostly only watch movies. I am working my way through the TV series of Justified, but I'm not embarrassed to say it.
There was a time when I didn't understand why everyone was so sucked into Survivor, and then I got sucked into a season myself. I was embarrassed by that, but mostly only because I was always saying how stupid it was for people to watch it.
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused? Maybe stuff, or maybe, I try not to use words that don't really mean anything. And I certainly don't pay attention to all the words I say.
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It's called 'The Granny Hair' trend. Your thoughts? My cousin's kid did that last month or so, she died her hair white and posted a picture on Facebook, it was creepy. I'm always plucking my white hairs out, so I don't know why younger people would want to dye their hair grey or white, oh well, to each their own.
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they've read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let's try. What's one of the most beautiful sentences you've ever read in a piece of literature? I don't have an answer for this one. I don't really think things are beautiful when I read, of course, I mostly read non-fiction crime stuff, so it's not beautiful.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I feel I haven't been to garage sales in ages. This past weekend, I went to a wedding out of town and there wasn't anything interesting on Friday, last weekend was the 4th of July, the weekend before that my mom and I went to Junkin' in June, which was fun, but I'm spoiled by my garage sale prices.
I'm so looking forward to garage sales and treasure hunting, and getting out and walking this weekend. I know it's supposed to be pretty warm, but I feel I've gained a few pounds because I haven't been walking 2+ miles to get to garage sales. Outside of my job, I don't really exercise much except when I'm walking to garage sales, plus I get to put my music in, relax and notice so many things you wouldn't notice in a car.
On our way home from Chicago, we stopped off at a Hobby Lobby, but unlike some other stores I feel all Hobby Lobby's have the same stuf...
Since I didn't do Hodgepodge today, and I saw one of my Youtube subscriptions do this, I thought I would too. They are fall questions. ...
Because I don't have enough. Hobby Lobby had Christmas at 50% off last week and since I didn't know if that would continue on this ...
It's Hodgepodge time again. Check out Joyce's blog to see other people's answers. 1. What would you say is the best and wor...