Monday, July 20, 2015

Collections and other stuff

I've been meaning to do a blog post on some of my collections.
I used to have a much bigger collection of pigs, but last year I decided I didn't need pigs, see how well that turned out:
 I really love those spiky ones, I find them so cute, I had one as a keychain on my bag, but he degraded a little too fast for me. The one in front on the left has three legs and he was a nickel at a garage sales, at a price like that I didn't want to pass him up. The one behind him is a toothpick holder. The front ones are just random ones I've picked up over the years.
Next up, are my elephants:
 This one started with that large one on the right, I believe it's bronze, but it sure isn't solid it is heavy though. The tiny black ones I kept seeing at Hobby Lobby for about 90 cents, I couldn't pass up the price. The one on the left in front of the radio is a gold Christmas ornament. Most of these I picked up at garage sales with the exceptions being the gold one and the one between the large lion and the brass elephant. The tiny green one on the left actually holds lip balm, my friend got that for me for Christmas. The large one with flowers on it, was one of my favorite buys at a garage sale a few weeks ago.
You can also see my collection of lions interspursed with the elephants. That started when I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis, after reading that I wanted a lion that was my "Aslan" I finally found it in a ceramic one I picked up on vacation, that's the large one in the back. There's also a little toy one in front of him and the lion king of the Island of Misfit Toys from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Next is my collection of frogs, this was also very large a few years ago.
 I used to have tons of frogs, I pared down after breaking up with my ex, mostly because he bought me a lot of them, and I didn't want to see him when I looked at them.

Here's my collection of picture frames:
 Like I said in an earlier post, this started out as me buying them at Hobby Lobby for swaps, then I started seeing nice ones at garage sales that I picked up for swaps, now it's just a bunch of picture frames. I'm hoping to someday create some artwork to go in them, and then sell them.
Here's my collection of owls:
 This tree I put in the winning bid at a local event, it's decorated with vintage buttons, when I first picked it up, I referred to it as my Charlie Brown Christmas tree, cause it kinda looks like the one from the Christmas special.
I didn't really have a place to store it, so it stayed out, and then I started hanging owls on it, now it's become my owl tree.
Here's some more owls:
I really like the large white one, he's one of my favorites.
 
And last, but not least, my favorites of my vintage jewelry collection:
A lot of them are butterflies, there's quite a few mice in there as well.

Today, I picked up my new glasses and I've had a headache ever since. I was mentioning that to my mom, and she mentioned that the eyeglasses guy told her the prescription had changed quite a bit, nice of him to tell me.
I've been rather unhappy with my life lately, mostly my job, but also the fact that I don't do much of anything, and I don't have a support system.
I watched this movie today where the girl just walked out of her life and left, I wish I had the courage to do that. I'd love to get away from my parents, or maybe just people that know me. I'm not sure I could leave all my stuff behind though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's just stuff