Sunday, August 11, 2019

Shopping trip

Saturday: I had planned to go to a few garage sales but when I headed out, it was slightly raining. The first sale I went to, they were all closed up, even though they still had their signs out. So, I got upset and went home. I also decided I'll be going shopping tomorrow instead of the book club. Of course, the weather cleared up and was sunny later on.
I got a few things ready to go out instead.
Dollar Store:
 Flat item:
 I always have the hardest time with this tag. I have a bunch of things that are flat that I can send out, but I always fret over it.
Another swap:
 The person I'm sending to didn't list much of anything that she wanted, so I went with a back to school themed package. A calendar (not dated), pencil pouch filled with goodies, fun tape, word search, notebook, labels, and beading kit.
Inside the pencil pouch:
 erasers, sticky notes, pen and pencils.
The last time I had this one, the person took a bunch of the things I sent them and sent those items to their partner. I found out when they posted pictures online. Of course my person never posted a picture of what they were sent, so no one knew but me. I decided it wouldn't happen this time. We have until the 23rd to send, so I'm not sending this week, I'll send on the 21st.
Cactus:
 Back to school swap:
 Scavenger Hunt:
Salty: towel, Squishy: Mickey Mouse toy, Rectangle: sticky notes, Useful: foot shaped nail file, and Oversized: big button.
Found a mermaid tag in my mailbox:
Work was slow, I'm tired of slow weekends.
Sunday: I went shopping. Not sure if I was getting stuff for work or just doing my last shopping trip until September. I decided to try and get enough blind bags to open one every day after work, as a little bonus for getting through the day. Plus, apparently it's the time of year to clearance toys.
First stop Target:
tattoos ($1), My Little Pony blind bags ($3 each), Science Kit blind bag ($2.50), Moj Moj blind bag ($2), Smoshy blind bags ($1.50 each), Squishy De Lish blind bag ($3), Foodie Roos Cookies ($8), Floofies blind bag ($8), Pikmi Pops ($8). Total spent about ($45). The cashier gave me three 5 cent off coupons for a reusable bag, he said all that in the picture would be three bags. Only in the world where you don't know how to bag, but ok, I'll take a savings of 15 cents, especially since I don't need any of it.
 I never go to Target when I need something, I never need anything from Target, plus Walmart's cheaper.
Next up, was Walmart.
 mini charms ($2 each), Build a Bear blind bag ($2), tape ($6), Littlest Pet Shop blind bag ($2), mini trolls ($1 each), Zooballoos ($3), puffy stickers ($1). Total spent ($21).
I always ask to add to my bag, and I mentioned that everything was from Target, this is the first time ever I've had anyone ask to see my receipt to make sure. It was weird, but I appreciate the cashier making sure I didn't steal anything.
Since I was so close to BAM, figured I'd see if they had anything exciting.
calendar ($15). Total spent a little over $16.
They didn't. Their sale section was sad and I couldn't find any blind bags worth my money. I was looking around in the kids section and there's this family just sitting in the aisles reading books and then they got annoyed with me that I wanted to look in that aisle. I wandered over to the calendar section looking for a cute animals day by day calendar, but all I could find was only cats or only horses or only dogs, no selection of animals, so I picked up the above one. Who couldn't use happy notes every day?
When I left BAM there was this giant black cloud and it followed me all the way to Dollar Tree, four or five blocks. It was just starting to rain when I got there and proceeded to pour after I got inside.
Dollar Tree:
 strainers, band aids, deodorant, notepad, phone cleaner.
I thought I could use a strainer in my bathtub to catch my hair. Totally just picked up the band aids for fun. I can always use deodorant. I liked the look of the notepad and the phone cleaner was just cute.
 cookies, chips, pastries, blond brownies, cookies, croissant, gummies,
everything in this picture other than the croissant and gummies are for work.
 pen, coin purse, lights, stickers, excavation blocks, magnet.
The pen was just cute as was the coin purse and the lights. They are definitely getting better stickers. I wanted to get some of the 'gold' bar excavation kits at Target but they were $5 each.
Total spent: $24
Halloween had made it to my Dollar Tree but it wasn't out of boxes. Trying to figure out if I want to go back that first weekend in September or not.
Saw this on my way home:
I left at about 9:40 and got home about 12:30. When I was 2 blocks from home I hit 10,000 steps. I threw my laundry in the washer before I left and in the dryer when I got home. After taking my shower and taking pictures and putting things away and finishing laundry it's now about 3:20. I was planning to take my shower and then go to the book club, but I was tired.
There's not a day in the next three weeks that I won't be on my feet. It's bookstore time, I start on Thursday and work until Labor Day. I figured I'd give them two weeks this time and since I work the weekend before Labor Day at the library and knew I'd end up standing around that week I chose to say I wasn't available after August 30th. I have a 4day weekend after Labor Day and am planning on taking it easy.

No comments: