Monday, August 05, 2019

A rainbow rock

Saturday: Got up and decided to go garage saleing, I just wanted to find something fun. First stop:
 I wasn't paying attention and thought the stickers were Wizard of Oz and different, oh well, figure I'll send them out in friendmail. There was a table with kids selling food, so I picked up a few rice crispie treats. Spent a total of $1.50 here.
Next stop was a block away, not much I wanted.
 I did find this book. I was sent one of these for a send me something different tag, and loved it even though the stickers are a little hard to get off the sheet. Total spent 25 cents.
Next stop was 12 blocks away, not a lot there either.
 Found this bottle stopper for $1. Thought it would be fun to send out. Also, thinking about trying to get the elephant off and just keeping the elephant.
As I was walking to the last stop I realized I was getting a blister on one of my toes, I cleaned the crap out of my shoe and moved on. The last stop was disappointing. Here's a way to guarantee I won't buy something at your store or your sale. IGNORE ME. A lot of the time when I go shopping to garage sales or small businesses I don't need anything, if you really want me to buy something, say hi and don't go back to the conversation you were having with someone else. This one had like 2 tables of stuff and a bunch of boxes. It advertised as lots of free stuff, I wonder if that was supposed to be in the boxes but they weren't labeled. I headed home after that a bit perturbed about not finding something wonderful and for walking out of my way for the last sale.
Everywhere I walked, I was greeted by butterflies, I even walked through a cloud of them when I walked by a bush they were all hanging out in. I've always thought of seeing bugs (the neat ones) as the world telling me it will be a good day. After the shittiness of Friday, it was a welcome sight to keep running into them.
Turned out I had walked almost 10,000 steps by the time I made it home. I wasn't worried about making the 10,000 as planned to go to a meet-up later in the day.
That didn't happen, I was just so tired (was almost going to take a nap a few times but told myself I couldn't due to this meet-up) and my feet really hurt. I did head out going to the library to return the things I meant to return on Friday and pick up a couple things at the grocery store.
I found some happy mail when I got home.
 A surprise tag. Not that excited about it, I was all excited about the washi that I could feel through the envelope (very surprised it came through on two stamps, it was definitely thicker than 1/4") I already have this print. I do like the card, though. Figure I'll send the tissues out for a tag.
I'm a bit disappointed in my friends lately. One of them I keep texting to do stuff and she either doesn't get back to me, or gets back to me at the last minute saying she can't do something. I was hoping she would have more free time once she retired but it feels like she's more busy. I miss seeing her like every day (we worked together). I've decided to go back to just hanging out with me and not depending on other people for things. I just want someone to hang out with when I'm having a bad day, doesn't have to be a lot, lunch on Friday would have worked.
Sunday, I decided to try a book club, so I had checked out a book on Friday and started reading it on Sunday. Thought it would help me meet people. I feel there's not a lot of places to meet people if you're not: A mother, Working out, Drinking, or Religious. I just have a couple of issues with a book club, I already have a lot of books to read, but maybe it will get me to read things I wouldn't normally grab. I also feel like I'm at the library a lot (cause I work there) and don't really want to go back on days off, but I thought I'd try. I didn't get much into the book, it's good but doesn't grab my attention so much that I don't want to put it down.
I got my laundry done (cause it was Sunday). I did put together a destash tag:
 I basically cleaned out everything I was getting in other tags that I didn't like. It was a bit heavy, so more expensive to ship.
Monday: work was interesting before we even opened. But, the day just got better after we opened. I spent my last hour at the desk, which I don't usually do.
Found 5 items in my mailbox when I got home.
 Send Me Something unique replacement tag. I know you can't really tell, but that is a glass calligraphy pen with a holder and ink. I'm sure I'll never use it, but it is beautiful, I'm surprised it was still in one piece when it arrived.
 Destash tag, not impressed with this, not a lot I liked in it.
 Black and white art. I always like things that people draw, because I can't draw.
 A pay it forward package. This made my day, it wasn't expected, but I love everything. I don't want to use any of it.
 The packaging. The outer envelope was sewn, it was so cool.
another Send Me Something unique replacement tag. Things got a little crossed and I got two replacements for this tag. I love them both. I'm sure I won't wear this, but it's so pretty.
The rest of the day will be reading.

No comments: