Wednesday, August 14, 2019

dragonfly in the mail

Monday: Nothing exciting happened. Had to go to Hobby Lobby to pick up something for a swap project. I was a little worried as I'd seen lots of people's clearance hauls on YouTube, plus we all know Christmas was there. Christmas was not on sale, though it was the week for Paper Studio to be on sale.
They hadn't marked a ton on clearance yet, mostly stickers, planner stuff washi and some ribbons. I didn't find any fall stuff I wanted to buy. I totally ignored the Christmas, I'll probably go back when it's on sale.
Here's what I did pick up:
box ($1.50), stickers (books were $5 each, mermaids were $1, and llamas 50 cents), washi ($5), flowers ($1.25), buttons (75 cents). Total spent a little over $26.
 The book box was for my project, used a 40% off coupon on that. The sticker books, I've always eyed every time I went in and I had used a 40% off coupon on a different book, they're not paper studio, so they didn't go on sale, I guess they would be included in the 50% off sticker sales, but these were 75% off. I got all three of them for less than one would have been regular. I picked up the flowers with a project in mind and then of course didn't use them. Also, picked up the mermaids and llamas because I just wanted them, as well as the buttons. I've also been eyeing the washi, which was also 75% off.
I think I did ok. I admit, I didn't even think, oh you're breaking you're no spend on crafting supplies. Oh, well.
I had a voicemail from my dr's office, figured it was just a reminder about my appointment on Wednesday, turns out they were having staffing issues and wanted to know if I could come 15 minutes before I was scheduled. I said ok, and then texted my boss asking if I could leave a bit early on Wednesday, because I can never remember how long it takes me to walk there (turns out it's about 15 minutes).
Found this cute painted rock on my way home:
 Wouldn't it be cool to have a rock garden of painted rocks?
Tuesday: got up a bit early to check the mail, as it came after 5pm on Monday, found a winner takes all of sticky notes:
 Supposedly this was a second mailing of this. I'm not so sure about that. I love how people are always "it got lost in the mail" yet my stuff always makes it there. I don't know.
Put together stuff to mail out.
Sticker swap:
 We had to send 5 new packages of stickers. I went with the adulting stickers, volleyballs, mermaids, trees and rainbows. All but the adulting ones I got in swaps.
Paperback book tag:
 My person wanted a paranormal romance. Not entirely sure what that means, but the description of this one said something about supernatural and romance, so I went with it.
wish of something miniature:
 I find them pretty cute and miniature.
Butterfly swap:
 I used some of my new sticker books.
And I put together this card for a card sketch with specific colors:
 I love the colors, they are some of my favorites.
Wednesday: long day, but just because I always run all my errands on Wednesdays, I told the bookstore I wasn't able to work on Wednesdays, so thankfully they are a shorter workday, but I also get all my errands done.
Left a bit early for my dr's appointment. My dr left the practice and I have to get a new one, the lady they hired is a nurse practitioner, apparently it doesn't really matter. I called my insurance company to ask them if it mattered if I switched dr's and they said as long as they are in the network it's all good. One less thing to deal with.
Mailed a bunch of my swaps/tags, I chose to put a few stamps on everything, and that's sorta saving me money (obviously not really because I've already paid for the stamps, but it makes me feel as if I'm saving money). Also went grocery shopping and between buying everything I needed for my lunches and just food, I felt like I spent like a ton. I wanted to buy chocolate, but I didn't have any hands left by the time I made it to the chocolate aisle. I decided to buy pop, because I know I can't make it through the long days without it. I've tried, it doesn't work. I'm tired of trying to be healthier and not losing weight. I'd like to know if my cholesterol is dropping as my dr told me I need to start a low cholesterol diet. I guess we'll find out in November at my yearly.
Weirdly mail was early today. Found a homemade tag when I got home:
And then realized I had forgotten to write down that I needed to make and send something out. I was feeling so caught up on life, typical.
Tomorrow starts the bookstore schedule. I know it will be tiring, but it's only a total of 2 weeks, I can do it.

No comments: