Sunday, August 18, 2019

Lots of purple

Thursday: I was scheduled to work 10-5 at the bookstore, my first day. I was excited but also a little nervous (that's how it always is with my jobs I don't do every day). So, I got my stuff all ready, packed my lunch and am there on time. They hadn't added me to their pay system, we go through this every time, I'm on the payroll because I work at the athletics events center but the bookstore has to do something so I can get paid for the work there. This year the whole university switched over to a new payment system so I know they were dealing with that, but they always tell me I have to be added back to the system which is not true. I'm supposed to have training and an orientation and then probably just work. I get there and they're like oh, you don't need orientation, you know everything, we'll get you trained in returns and then you can go 30 minutes later. So, I go back home, and am annoyed for the rest of the day. My mail arrived later than usual, but I got quite a few things in it.
Hollar Haul:
 Llama notebooks ($1.50) unicorn stickers ($1.60 each), bunny page flags ($2), snail magnets ($3) lollipop eraser ($1), hedgehog pencil sharpener ($1), Mocheez jumbo wiggli jelli fun toy koala bear ($4), Gudetama Lazy Egg squishy ($3).
Not entirely sure why I put in this order, I think there were just too many cute things. I found the koala bear thing to be pretty cute, but I'm not sure it was worth the $4, the Gudetama was only $3 and that's brand name, something different. I had to get the snail magnets. They're pretty cute, but not sure they were worth the $3 either.
 notebooks ($1), Hello Kitty eraser ($1), minions playing cards ($1.20), pig pencil sharpener ($1), plush kitty pencil topper ($1), chocolate chop cookies ($2), toffee peanuts ($1.50 each) bag of toffee peanuts ($1).
I had to pick up that notebook, it's the classic thinking symbol from computers in the 90's I remember seeing it a lot. When I took it out of the package, it seemed used as the back cover was bent where a person would be flipping it. I'd been eyeing the hello kitty eraser and the kitty pencil topper for awhile. Love these toffee peanuts, though I see they went up in price, not happy about that, also tried a different brand of them. Not sure why I picked up the cookies, it's not like I can't get them here.
Spent about $30.
Paperback book tag:
 I haven't read this and stuck it in my work bag to read.
Unicorn tag:
 This one came from Amazon with no name, I hate that, I have so many things coming in that it's a bit of work for me to figure out who sent it. I love the keychain.
Purple swap:
 Look at all that stuff. We were only required to send 10 items. Love it all.
Cactus happy mail:
 She made me a flip book with more goodies:
 First flip:
 Second flip:
 All the goodies included:
 After opening this, I realized the one I sent out was incorrect. I was thinking it was just a cactus tag (1 item) and it was cactus happy mail (5 items).
Pocket letter:
 Goodies:
 I didn't think I'd get this. The conversation between the person and me was interesting. She kept not getting back to me and then said she'd send with tracking and then said she sent with stamps. She never actually posted what I sent her on the group page, so I had to. Since it was a personal swap, there was no recourse in the group. I didn't realize how beginner she was, but it's still pretty cute.
I ended up putting together a couple things that I messed up on, to get them sent out between jobs the next day.
Kawaii:
 Totally just grabbed that cactus from the cactus tag. My original idea was to send that little piece of candy (it's a squishie) and go from there, but this keychain came in, and since they are from different groups, I can send it. I do that a lot. If it's something I don't think I'll use (or don't like), I send it out to someone else, I try to not send in the same group, though.
Cactus happy mail:
 Here's what I sent to make up for the tag: stickers, project life cards, washi samples, paper bag and a pen.
The person I sent to posted what she got and she's like this is good. You might be happy with it, but if I don't post what we're supposed to, I can get kicked out of the group. I try to follow the rules. This just happened when I thought I was all caught up and I wasn't.
This next one is a handmade thing.
 It's a flipbook, and for some stupid reason, I didn't write the tag down. So, when I received mine on Wednesday I was like crap. This turned out beautifully and I didn't want to part with it.
Friday: I was again scheduled at the bookstore, this time 9-12, as I had to be at the library at 1. Got there and I was in the pay system, but it was dead, so they said I could go home. I hate how they said it, "Make some money", as if I NEEDED the money. I make enough to live on my library job, this is just extra. I keep feeling like the universe is telling me to move on to something else with all the things that just keep coming up everywhere.
I mailed my two late packages on my way home and got to relax a bit before work. Work was ok for a Friday, had some gross things to deal with and the last hour and a half were pretty busy. Typical Friday. I ended up working with a few people I don't work with that much. I was excited, but then later I had to call our PIC because of kids smoking outside and one of them is like, it's not a big deal. We don't allow smoking on our property, the kids knew that and they were covering their mouth so you couldn't tell. It annoys me when my co workers don't want to enforce the rules for one group of people because of who knows what. You give one person a pass, everyone is going to want a pass.
I found a butterfly swap when I got home:
 Beautiful card.
I watched the movie The Public, about a library in Cincinnati, and it was kinda weird. I liked how at the beginning it kind of addressed issues of public libraries, but I didn't really think the end was realistic, but it is a movie so we gotta have something not real in it.
I put some stuff together to mail.
Unicorn happy mail:
 Happy mail:
 And a I fancy tag, basically it's the same as a send me something, just different wording. One person asked for a different writing pen, I knew this pen was perfect for her:
 I love this pen, but I knew I'd never use it, so again with the sending things between groups. I put it back in it's original box with the padding and stuck it in another box, here's hoping it doesn't break, it is glass.
Later, the group owner said we kinda did the tag wrong because you're just supposed to use adjectives when saying what you fancy. A few people had said, something edible you can't get in the UK. I like how the owner said that we wouldn't know what you can't get in the UK.
Saturday: I was scheduled at the bookstore 9-5 and actually got to work it. The internet was down so we couldn't clock in, another pink slip for my boss to put in the system. It was ok, it wasn't busy or steady, we had bursts of busyness. I was the only temp and it felt like the students just wanted to stand around and talk. I rushed over to catch my bus when we closed at 5, just to find out it wasn't coming until 5:30ish. Because it's summer and Saturday schedule, that was annoying.
Found 5 pieces of mail when I got home.
Flat item:
 Not sure how I feel on this.
Llama tag:
 This one was wicked late, which annoyed me, but I love these stickers.
Favorite color: blue:
 it's a wrap watch:
 It's beautiful, I'm not sure I'll used it as I have the fit but, but it would be fun to wear to a nice event. It came from wish and again I had to track down who sent it. I had an idea of what it was, but the delivery date for that was later in August.
Dollar store:
 I love this, I keep thinking I'll buy one when I'm at the Dollar Tree.
Winner Takes all: unmounted stamps:
I'm a bit annoyed on this one, it took her two months to send it and she said she was sending three. I decided not to mention it since it took her two months to get it to me. And it's not like it got lost in the mail, postmarked date was 8/2, it was coming from Canada, so in theory it should take a week from mailing date, but mail's been a bit slow.
There was a minion tag in one of my groups that I was so excited for, but it ended up being every other person tagged was a single person not in the US, and then the other people that were in the US, said send to this other person. I didn't want to send overseas. I wanted something cool and minion, but the way it ended up being was to send everything to this one person. I decided not to say anything on the group, but I found it rude.
I got a message from my red swap person saying she didn't understand why something was returned to her, when it was obviously a parcel. She said she'd resend it, if it comes back to me with postage due again, I'm not paying. I'll send it back and tell her, but then I may not get the same thing. The last time I did that on something the person sending, took some stuff out and sent so it was only one stamp worth. Again, people just don't realize what makes things a parcel and then get annoyed at the post office, and I usually pay for it.
I love my mail groups, but they seem to be giving me more issues than they're worth. One I'm waiting on a couple things and then I'm thinking of leaving. Just a few issues that have never been addressed and I'm getting screwed over. At least in the other groups, the moderators/owners either try to get the other person to send what they're supposed to and if they don't they get kicked out. I hate following the rule and then other people don't and they don't get penalized for it.
And I'm also stressed about work, so let's layer something else on top of it.
I have plans to go to a garage sale with a friend at the end of the week, that should help and maybe plans the first weekend in September, we'll see.

No comments: