Monday, August 26, 2019

Krispy Kreme pins

Saturday: was long, I was at the bookstore all day, it wasn't that busy. Found some happy mail when I got home.
Blue/yellow pocket letter:
 I like that she chose emojis to use.
The goodies:
 As you can see, most items were too big to fit in the pocket letter. Also, she didn't include a letter, so it wasn't really a pocket lett.
Red crafting items:
 They're still ok, and she did include the money I paid.
Sunday: I was at the bookstore from 10-6. Again, very slow, I had a few times where I was fighting to stay awake. I was standing the whole time.
When I got home, I got a bunch of stuff ready to mail out while I did my laundry.
Birthday mail:
Just some random stuff from other swaps/tags. Die cut from the red crafting items, memo sheets from pocket letter, postcard from unicorn tag, stickers from my secret sister swap and some washi I bought at a garage sale.
 Send Me Something Wearable:
This is from a send me something fuzzy
 Kawaii:
I bought this at Target years ago.
 Send Me Something Smelly, sticker edition.
 I had just gotten some packs of these scratch and sniff stickers in a swap.
Igrab of sticky notes:
 These were from a fruit tag.
Sticker flakes:
 Not entirely sure what this is from as no one ever claimed they sent it, but it was a duplicate of some I already had.
Flower happy mail:
 the tissue flowers are from a garage sale, flowers at top from a swap, the tissue flower is from a SMS unique, the felt flowers and flower book from a fill a box swap, the memo sheets from the pocket letter and the bags from JoAnns
ATC:
 It's very flat, just a bunch of stickers.
Finally finished my laundry about 9 and hopped in the shower, got to bed rather late.
Monday: slept in until 8:30, didn't get dressed until I had to go in to work, had one of my frozen dinners for lunch.
Put a few more things together to mail out.
Wish for a cute air freshener:
 I just received this in my unicorn happy mail.
trim swap:
 we were to send 6 different trims that were 18" long, I have a ton of trim, so I gave her 6 short ones, and two very long ones.
T card:
 All I could think of was tag.
I grabbed my mail before I ate my lunch and then was debating whether I should open them or wait until after work, I totally opened them before I left.
Send Me Something unique:
 They are Krispy Kreme enamel pins. A coffee cup, box of donuts, truck and hat. They're pretty cool. Very different.
Scavenger hunt swap:
 oversized: table cloth, Squishy: makeup sponges, Salty: peanuts, Useful: toothbrush, Rectangular: M&Ms.
I feel she didn't try very hard, it feels like she just went to the dollar tree and got unexciting things. I feel you could do much better. Think I'll try that challenge next time I'm there.
Back to school swap:
from the same person as above, still looks like she bought things from the dollar store. I want to know why she couldn't buy a notebook with decoration on it, why would you include pencil sharpeners but no pencils (maybe she should have kept them, because I sent her a bunch of pencils). I do like the erasers (there's a narwhal in there) and the pens.
So, I'm back to no swaps. Wouldn't be a bad thing, I might save some money.
I had originally figured I'd be at the library until 1:15 and then be at the bookstore 2-8, my boss at the library approved my vacation time for the 26th and 27th so I don't have to have two more 11 hour days. the bookstore was busy when I got in, but after about 6 (normal closing time) it tapered off a bunch, and then we had another fire alarm go off (had one on Thursday) about 6:30 and we got back in about 6:45, we were pretty dead the rest of the night.
I had a person try to "return" a book they bought on Amazon. The ISBN number matched her online order, but the way it was packaged, I knew it wasn't a bookstore book, maybe if she had taken it out of the mailing packaging and just tried to return the book, it would have worked. She told me she wasn't sure if she could return it. It's not a return if you bought it somewhere else. Also had a guy get upset that he couldn't return a backpack he purchased on a credit card and didn't have the receipt. And another get upset that he opened a bundle (loose leaf book wrapped in plastic and a code) and we couldn't return it, we don't sell them open like that. He was pissed, said because he had opened the package he was out $200, pretty much, you should listen to what the cashier tells you when you're purchasing stuff.
Had a guy on Sunday bring in a random cord asking if we could return it. Not without packaging, dude. He said nowhere on the website did it say it had to be in packaging to be returned, it does actually, says the original packaging. Had another guy return an umbrella because it didn't rain today. Don't worry it will rain again.
Thirty three more working hours and 6 more days until I get a day off. I'm not to worried about the days I'm at the library, I am a bit tired of getting up and going to the bookstore every day, If it was busier it wouldn't be so bad.

No comments: