Tuesday, November 20, 2018

weekly update

Friday: I worked on finishing a book, left early for work to hit a holiday sale on the way in. 
 I spent a total of $4. the dish towel is for my aunt, she collects Pillsbury doughboys. The owl pin and snowman are for me, and the s&p shakers are for my mom.
I had a November scavenger hunt waiting in my mailbox that I opened at work:
The things this month were: Gooey: Werther's originals with caramel, striped: candy canes, glittery: pencil pouch, fluffy: keychain and oval: which I guess is the game, though I don't consider it oval.
I've decided I'm not participating in these swaps anymore. I do get a lot of pleasure in picking out items to fit the parameters, but I haven't been that pleased with what I get back.
Like I said, on Thursday, I had a doctor's appointment, just a yearly physical, but they called me on Friday and left a voicemail asking for me to call them back, which made me freak out a little. I call back and they say, everything's fine, except my cholesterol is a little high and I should get more exercise and start a low cholesterol diet. Normally they mail me a sheet that tells me the results of my blood test. I was not pleased, I also didn't need a nice freakout moment.
 I found this cool mailing bag in the garbage and it's now mine. I'd love a case of these. I also got this mug for filling out a survey for the city.
Saturday: I put together a wacky Wednesday: striped tag:
 And found some mail,
An Advent calendar pocket letter:
 a wish:
 Apparently it was for SMS fun.
And a surprise:
I got my Christmas cards addressed and ready to send out.
This is only about half of them, I believe I had 43 to send out, which means I will be getting 43 cards back. I should think of a good way to display them.
I made a Christmas ATC:
 I like the simpleness of it. I also like how I used the arrow stickers to make weird looking trees.
Sunday: I had a basketball game, but it was later in the day, so I got some wishes put together:
wish for pocket letter:
 I made this for a specific swap but of course forgot to actually sign up.
wish for hair clips for 4 year old child:
 As I was packaging the envelope, I realized they say 7+, so I added some stickers, since she wished for stickers, too.
The game was at 2, and we left a little after 6, I actually walked home this time and felt so great about it when I got home. It totally inspired me to walk home when it's nice out, even if it means waiting a few minutes until after the bus has gone by.
Monday: I had the day off due to being paid for hours on two days I wouldn't normally work this week, so it's a weird week with my hours. I don't recall what I did (I feel I say that a lot on my days off. I feel I probably waste a lot of time on the computer in front of the TV watching youtube, but I also know I was reading a book I couldn't renew).
Tuesday: I put together a Christmas wish tag:
 she wished for a wrapped Christmas surprise, thought this was cute, even though the tag said it was a harvest hot pad. I'm not getting harvest from it.
I made a Christmas flipbook for another swap:
 And went to work a little later than normal (due to that weird schedule).
I found mail on my way in:
An initials tag:
 The box had popped open in transit and the whoppers were floating around in the envelope. Since no one can come up with anything but washi tape for this tag (also why is there always glitter washi? It's never the cute washi I see on other people's posts), I'm not doing it again. I don't even like whoppers.
Christmas ornaments:
These are cute, but I'm tired of swapping not being sending people what they want. I like the snowman and the snowflakes ornaments, though the snowflakes are covered in glitter. Also, the penguin piece is kinda cool.

No comments: