Thursday, November 08, 2018

A 12" hedgehog

Sunday: I tried to get through some books, did laundry and worked. It was so hectic at work. It was book sale weekend and we were just really busy for a Sunday, plus there was a weird mix up with meeting rooms that threw everything off.
Monday: I opened at the library, still had people asking if we were doing satellite voting. Apparently people think that you can do satellite voting at the designated places anytime you want. Not true. I was really stressed with work this weekend, it was just a really busy weekend with the book sale and satellite voting on Saturday and then every meeting room booked both days. It was so much nicer on Monday, it helps that we have more people working and we have more overlap in schedules. I got to spend more time in the back and caught up on a bunch of interlibrary loan stuff. I spent the rest of the day reading a book.
I received one piece of mail:
This was for a favorite color tag. My favorite color is seafoam green. I was tagged by someone in Australia, I always get excited when people outside the US tag me because I think I'm going to get something different. A towel is not what I was expecting.
Tuesday: I got up and went out to vote. I was going to go early to work and do it then, but then I worried about a line, so I went early.
And went shopping on the way home.
First was Hobby Lobby:
 spiders ($1.70), angel ($9), ornaments ($2.50), flowers ($2), and stickers ($1.50).  I wasn't planning to buy anything fall or Halloween, but how cute are these spider pics? As I was putting them into a vase, I realized they just pop off the stems, so I did that. I did want these flowers, so I picked them up. I've been wanting this angel since I saw it the first time I looked at Christmas stuff. I highly doubt they're gonna mark Christmas down any further before Christmas, so I picked her up. I also wanted these ornaments. I had received something decorated with these stickers in a swap and was extra excited to find them.
Salvation Army is right next door, so I went in.
 acetate pieces ($0.69), minion ($0.69), magnets ($1), card ($0.29). I was kinda hoping for something more exciting, but this minion made my day. I love magnets, and the other items were just cute.
I stopped in at JoAnn's, but as usual, there was nothing I wanted to spend my money on.
Last stop was HyVee:
Dove peppermint bark ($3.70), bagels (2 for $4), Twizzlers filled bites ($3.50), ranch cheese curds ($3.40), ornament ($1), Sweettarts ropes ($2), Twizzlers bites ($2.50), Reeces bar ($1). UGH, I just realized I picked up the Twizzlers bites and not nibs. I like the nibs, not so much the bites, but I probably won't take them back, cause I don't feel like walking back over there. I hid the Dove Peppermint bark so I don't eat them before December, they're my favorite. I couldn't pass up the filled bites, and the sweettarts ropes, even though I can get the ropes at the dollar tree, I don't feel like going over there either (I need to, just not now). The cheese curds and bagels looked good.
Work was pretty slow, sadly not much of a line at the polls all night long. One of the workers said he thought there were about 800 people that voted.
Wednesday: I mailed my 3 large swaps for the next two months, spent about $40 with a book of stamps. Had to stop and get some Cyride tickets and stopped at the grocery store on my way home. And slacked off the rest of the day.
I had tried out the boots I bought last week on my way to voting on Tuesday, I can't make 7 1/2 work, they are way too tight. I want to return them to Walmart, but you can see that I walked in them. I'm thinking I can wash them off and you won't be able to tell. So, I was short a pair of boots for work.
Thursday, I went up to the north Walmart hoping to find the right size, which of course they didn't have. So I went to Payless Shoe Source at our mall, where they had a deal of buy two get one free. I found two pairs of boots and a heel gripper thing for one of them. I also picked up a pair of black shoes at Walmart. I'm hoping they will get me through the basketball season and January at the bookstore.
 So, $120 later. This should work. If not, I will be very disappointed. I'm also tired of spending money. I wanted to check out the Christmas section and the clearance section at Walmart, but I didn't. I wanted to visit some other stores at the mall, but I didn't. I'm very proud of myself.
Plus, I had my Hollar Haul waiting for me when I got home. First glance:
 Here's what I bought:
 cookies & cream bites ($1), pom pom pen ($1), binder rings ($1), foam mounting tape ($1), 3 moisture absorbers ($1 each).
The pen is way cuter and fuzzier than I thought it would be, I was going to pass it on to someone else, but I might keep it for myself. I picked up the moisture absorbers because it always seems to be humid down here (actually it's better since it got colder, except now I use the heater a lot more). The binder rings and mounting tape are for crafting stuff. The bites just sounded good.
 hamper ($3), mystery minion box ($2), more bites ($1 each), mermaid luggage tag ($1.20), toffee peanuts ($1.30 each), llama luggage tag ($2), Lindt chocolate ($1.50)
I needed a new hamper, mine kinda fell apart, this one is pretty big. Loving it. I haven't opened the minion mystery box, I'm saving it for a sad day. How cute are these luggage tags? Figured I'd pass them on with swaps. I love these peanuts. Also, who doesn't love Lindt?
 Christmas tags ($2), whale ($5), hedgehog ($5), Harry Potter mystery keychain ($4), giraffe keychain ($3).
Thought I could use these cards/tags. I went a little nuts at the end and bought a few stuffed animals. Hollar sent me this email about stuffed animals and of course the one they had in the email, had sold out so I got others. I suck at reading descriptions, and thought this hedgehog was smaller, but I love him. I picked up the Harry Potter mystery keychain for swaps, but couldn't help opening it, I'll still send it in a swap. I usually only buy the cheap stuff at a dollar or two, but got distracted with that email. I'll most likely use everything, so it was still good.
I also had a December tag swap in the mail as well:
 I'm a little bummed that my partner didn't follow the specifications of the swap. We were supposed to have at least one embellishment. Paper is not considered an embellishment. I decided awhile ago that I was done with the monthly calendar tag swaps. I keep finding less and less I want to do in this group.

No comments: