Thursday, November 15, 2018

weekly update

I worked on some journal pages using my lollipop box kits Thursday after posting. 
 I also put together some tags,
Happy Mail:
 Christmas ornament:
 Wrapped Christmas gifts:
 The person I'm sending to, said she liked Boston Terriers and crosswords. I figured fuzzy socks, soap and towels would be nice, too.
Friday, I didn't do much. Had a double header for bastketball, and that took mainly all day. Had some down time between games, but didn't do much, I didn't want to start something and then have to go back to work. Got home about 9PM, and was exhausted.
Saturday: I was going to go shopping, but I had a game Sunday and Monday (long day of library and game), so I chose not to go walking.
I put some mail together
SMS crafty:
 Christmas ornaments swap:
 I really hope that the popsicle will make it in one piece. I wrapped it with bubble wrap and tissue paper.
Scavenger hunt:
 This time we had to send something fluffy (bear), oval (egg), gooey (caramel), glittery (pens and washi), and striped (notebook).
Initials:
 I had A (altered notebook) R (rainbow sticky notes), and C (coconut face mask)
And a secret sister:
 There's more, but it's secret. She said she liked pineapples.
I signed up for a random swap, we were supposed to go find something really random in our craft supply. I, of course, overthought it, and took forever to find something.
I chose two partners:
 I thought the pictures on the postcards were random.
 Also, thought a coin holder was kinda random.
I had a few pieces of mail
Happy mail:
 Junk journal:
 winner die cuts:
I'm not sure what I'll do with any of them, but they're cute.
I did get caught up on almost all my swaps/tags.
Sunday: I made a Christmas pocket letter:
I also had another basket ball game and did laundry.
 Monday: I opened at the library and was bummed that there wasn't any mail. I hate no mail days. I put together some tags.
wish for something vintage:
 wish for something dragon:
 Wrapped Christmas gift:
 I realize it's not wrapped in this picture. The person I tagged likes cats and keychains.
SMS Christmas:
I also had another game that night. I was very glad to be done with games until next Sunday by the time I got home.
 Tuesday: I have no idea what I did, I feel like that happens a lot to me. I did received some mail.
a wish for something unique:
 Other than the s'more stickers, I didn't find anything really unique or different. I may stop doing the SMS and the wishes.
Autumn tag:
I love this paper pad. I wish I had something to do with it. What I don't like is that the person who sent to me, sent it as media mail. This is not media mail. It's amazing how much people try to screw over the post office. If you can't afford to send things out right I feel you shouldn't be doing swaps/tags.
Wednesday: Nothing exciting there. I spent way too much money at the post office, mostly on a roll of 100 stamps, though I spent a bit on postage because I had my 4 swaps to send out plus tags.
 Thursday: I had a Dr's appointment in the morning, so I fasted overnight, thought that would be harder than it was. I was considering going to Target this afternoon anyway because it was going to be warm, but I wasn't sure. So after getting done that the doctor's office, I just went. I thought it was too much work to go home and leave later when it was warmer.
I found some unicorn pop tarts at Target:
 Here's what I purchased:
 twizzler nibs ($2), toffee pretzel ($1), mini muffins ($3), spritz chipboard stickers ($3.50).
That's right I picked up the right twizzlers, though I did eat about a quarter of that bag of bites. I also bought a chocolate pretzel toffee bar, but I ate it cause I was hungry.  I picked up the mini muffins for work, now if I could remember to take them to work, that would be great. I've wanted these chipboard shapes, but I hesitated in picking them up because I didn't like all the pieces in the other ones I had purchased in the past.
Here's what was in them:
 I like a ton of these, sadly I don't have a lot to do with them. I especially love the plaid hearts.
ornament ($1), mini notebook ($1), stickers $1), washi ($1 each), surprises ($3 each), more ornaments (cat, star and creature were $3, Ariel $4).
I was really excited to find Christmas at Target finally (which it isn't even that late if the world didn't have Christmas out so early). I love the $3 Christmas ornaments that make up most of their selection. I could go crazy in there if money wasn't an option.
I picked up the truck for swaps. I figured I'd find someone for the Peanuts things. I picked up plaid washi, sparkly hearts, and some woodland animals. I'm really into the plaid thing lately. I figured I could use the hearts for Valentines Day. The woodland animals matched the chipboard pieces and was on sale. I picked up the cat for a friend, and loved the star and creature. I'm not sure what this creature is, but I love it. I have no explanation for the surprises.
I had texted my mom on the way to Target and asked if she wanted to go to lunch. So, my parents picked me up there and we went to Red Lobster, which was ok, but I should have asked to go somewhere else, I'm craving potato skins. I had a lobster roll and a caprese salad. It was ok, but the lobster roll was small and I had to eat it with a fork.
We were right across the street from BAM, so I went over there and they left. I remembered while I was there I needed a day by day calendar.
 I wasn't exactly wowed by the choices, I was hoping to find a cute animals one, but they only had cats, dogs and scenery. I had picked up a scenery one and then I saw this Bob Ross calendar ($15), I picked it up for my brother for Christmas and put mine back. I also needed a keychain ($4), so I picked this one up.
I wasn't going to go to Walmart, but I figured since I was walking right past it.
 pom pom keychain ($4), toys($1.50 each), stickers ($1), candy bars ($1.34 each)
I saw this keychain in the checkout line and it was so cute, with it's ears and it's glasses and it's feet. I shouldn't have picked up the toys, but they were cute and cheap, especially since they were also originally $6.88. Couldn't pass up these stickers, they have llamas and hedgehogs and sloths. I tried these candy bars last time, and they are really good.
 pajamas ($11), boots ($20)
I had to see if they had the boots I wanted, they did. I still need to return the ones that are the wrong size, but I'll get to it. And how cute are these pjs?
On my way home, one of my co workers saw me and offered me a ride, which was much appreciated because I hd acquired 3 plastic bags and they were annoying.
When I got home I found some mail
Wish for something edible:
I haven't tried them yet, but they sound yummy.
I'm very happy with all my purchases this week. Which is better than last week when I spent more and got less.

No comments: