Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Wednesday Medley

Found a new Wednesday questionnaire, this one is at Your Friend from Florida, once again I'll participate if I find the questions interesting.
1.  On November 28th, 1995, President Bill Clinton ended the 55 MPH  nationwide speed limit that began in 1974 as an energy saving measure during the Mid-East oil embargo.  If you are old enough to remember this (I sure am) did it make you happy?  Do you have a heavy foot when driving or does 55 MPH sound good to you? While I was alive in 1995, I was 13, so I was not alive in 1974, and I don't drive, so it doesn't affect me either way.

2.  You are home alone on a rainy/snowy Sunday afternoon.  What Christmas movie will you watch? I'd probably go with a Die Hard marathon, the first and second ones are Christmas. If you want more traditional Christmas, maybe Home Alone.

3.  What is something you have tried that you will never try again? Calamari. Ugh. Ick. Nope. Not again.

4.  Today is National French Toast Day!!  Will you have some?  Do you like French Toast? I love French toast, I used to make it when I had bread and sandwiches all the time. Sometimes I'll get it at restaurants, but I probably won't be eating any.

5.  The Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center will be lighted today, as will the one at the White House in Washington, D.C.  Do you have your tree up and is it lighted?  Have you ever been in New York City or Washington, D.C. to see the trees all lit up during the holidays? I have a tree, it's one of those antique porcelain ones that had the holes in it with plastic pieces and you put a lightbulb under it. I haven't had it lit up in years because I'm a little concerned about the wiring. I tried putting a flameless candle in it last year, but it wasn't very bright.
I've been to both New York and Washington D.C, though not during the holidays.

6.  Tell us something random about this week of yours. I'm so ready for December. I have 4 Advent calendars and I am dying to open them up. I'm kinda done with November, too. I'm ready for snow on the ground and more winter temperatures and Christmas decorations and holiday stuff.

5 comments:

ellen b. said...

Sounds like you were born around the same time as my kids. That's interesting that you do not drive. Do you use public transportation to get around? I'm looking forward to Advent and Christmas in general.
Can't be too careful with old wiring. Hope the rest of your week is good.
My link to Wednesday Medley.
https://happywonderer.com/2018/11/28/wednesday-medley-3/

Cathy said...

We used to have one of those ceramic trees too, actually 2. I'm not sure what happened to them. lol

Nonnie said...

My mother made one of those ceramic trees. Very interesting that you are so young and don't drive.

Lori said...

I have a ceramic tree like you explained. My Grannie made it years ago and gave one to everyone in the family. I still have mine and it is on right now. I do understand your concern though. Loved your answers! Enjoy the rest of the week.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Terri D said...

Those ceramic trees are making a come-back this year! Everything old is new again!! Thank you so much for joining in on the Medley today!! Sorry, the first question was lost on you!