Wednesday, November 28, 2018

My Melody

Wednesday: Found some mail when I got home.
Happy mail:
Wrapped Christmas presents:
Obviously they're not wrapped in the picture, I was going to leave them wrapped and open them later, but I had an annoying day at work (I was only there 3 hours), so I opened them. I wasn't that impressed. I'll use the paper and the hot chocolate, the rest I'll probably pass on.
I had plans to hang out with a friend and her mom that moved away in August. We went to an interesting restaurant called Safari Cuisine. It's got more of Thai food and different stuff. Sadly, I thought the menu was small, and I didn't know what anything was. My friend had been there before, so she helped. I got some kind of taco like thing. It was pretty good, but dry as were the sambosas we had. I probably won't go back. We headed out to The Mucky Duck, our British foods place. I found this calendar:
I didn't have a chocolate one. I love that it's also good chocolate rather than the cheap chocolate we have in the US. I spent about $32 with the candy bar.
After getting home, I learned that they are opening another more food store downtown, I'm sure I'll be frequenting them. I've missed the one they had downtown since they moved 4 or so years ago.
Thursday: we went to my cousin's on my dad's side for Thanksgiving, they were having an issue with power when we got there, but everything was basically done when it went out. I sufficiently stuffed myself.
Friday: we had second Thanksgiving with my aunt, cousin and cousin's kids on my mom's side. It was good. My mom talked me and my brother into helping her unroll a big rug in their basement. She wanted me to stay to unroll another one, but it was not my intention to stay all day with them.
I found some mail when I got home
Stocking destash swap:
Basically we took a stocking and filled it with destash. I love these swaps. When I do the destash tags on my big mail group, it's not as fun, but when I do the destash swaps in my other groups, it's always fun.
SMS fuzzy:
I was hoping for a stuffed animal. I'll probably be passing these on to someone.
Wrapped Christmas gift:
I totally opened it, it was a self-inking stamper. Sadly, it reeked of cigarette smoke, so that will go on to someone else.
Saturday: I had to work in the afternoon. I was planning on doing Small Business Saturday, but I'm kinda tired of shopping and I needed some time to myself before work. I put together some tags.
SMS playable:
 2 notecards and envelopes:
 I found some mail when I got home from work.
I signed up to send out Christmas/holiday cards in one of my groups, it was a total of 43, so I'll get 43 back.
My first one:
 came with a random swap:
 We were supposed to find the most random item in our craft stuff and send it out. I'm not sure I considere die cuts random.
Sunday: I had to work and did laundry. I'm also trying to read as much of one of each of my books every day. So, I finished Buzz: The Nature and Necessity of Bees by Thor Hanson. It was interesting. I also figure this will not only get me to read my books but figure out if I want to continue renewing them.
Monday: Opened at work, found some happy mail when I got home
More Christmas cards:
 Random swap:
 She said she gets bags of jewelry stuff at a store and decides whether to use them in art or wear them.
Christmas ATC:
 This is really cute.
Happy mail:
 I'm kinda annoyed with this person. When we sign up for a tag, we have a week to send it out. This tag was on 10/29, we had until 11/7 to send it out and then we can notify the hostesses of the group 2 weeks after if we haven't received it, that would be 11/19. The hostess then makes a missing tag post every two weeks or so and the person who's supposed to send to you has to prove they sent it. My person posted a picture of a bunch of envelopes saying it had been posted. When I received it on the 26th, it was postmarked 11/21, so she sent it a month after she was supposed to, and made it seem like I didn't check the group page for proof of mailing. I always search the group before reporting that I'm missing something. It's very annoying, and after the missing post was posted, a few people had links to their posts about proof of mailing, so there was a whole discussion about checking to see if it had been mailed.
I had to work a basketball game that night, so I only had a few hours to work on a book. This one was The Library: A Catalogue of Wonders by Stuart Kells. Also interesting. It was a cold night, with wicked windchill. I chose to walk home and got home a couple minutes before the bus would have made it to my stop. I was hoping to have a nice warm shower when I got home, but someone else was taking one, too, so it didn't work out.
Tuesday: It felt like I slept in, but when I looked at my phone it was only 7:30. I got up anyway. I put together a few more things.
Junk journal:
 Wish:
 Another wish:
 Surprise:
 Made a card:
And started a few books, but they were dry, so put them in my bag to return. I'm having a hard time getting myself interested in reading today. Found some mail on my way into work.
Christmas cards:
Someone had left a couple sweet potato pies in the break room, so I had a piece on my break:
 I thought it tasted a lot like pumpkin. I'm sure if I had a piece of pumpkin pie afterwards I wouldn't have been able to tell them apart. I felt it was really sweet and I needed a glass of milk afterwards.
Someone left this little creature behind over the weekend.
 I really want one, so I posted the picture on Facebook and my friend found it for me, here. It's $15, I can't justify spending $6 on a cheap one, so I certainly can't justify spending that much on something I really don't need.
Wednesday: found this interesting book at work:
 Not so much for the content, but the fact that all our labels were printed on the book. If you flip it over you can tell that the original cover was photo copied and printed out for a new binding. The back cover looks very wrinkly. It was weird.
I had 4 envelopes of mail when I got home.
Christmas card:
 Thirsty Thursday of two teas
 I do this tag mostly to get new kinds of tea, though I'll probably pass on the pumpkin pie, I'm not a fan of pumpkin flavored things.
Magnet:
 I love this, it's so cute!
Happy mail:
Most of the time when I get this tag, it's stuff I don't want. There was one time someone sent me fabric and beads and buttons. I think that was the one time I liked everything in the tag. So, I think I'll stop doing it.

No comments: