Friday, March 02, 2018

First garage sale

Now that it's March, I can shop, right? Maybe not, my whole paycheck went to rent and the small refund I got from the state covered my dental insurance. But, I still might have to go shopping. I did go to a garage sale this morning:
 I mostly picked up Hello Kitty stuff. I spent a little under $5.
I don't really collect Hello Kitty, but there was a huge collection for sale, I thought the three figurines, the mini plush and the tiny squinchies were too cute to pass up. I'll probably hold on to them for awhile and then pass them on to someone who actually collects them. There was also a big collection of Raggedy Ann and Frozen items. I picked up the Raggedy Ann/Andy patches cause I thought they'd be fun to play with. Also picked up the Elsa plushie and the mini doilies.
My local art center also had a garage sale today, but I didn't find anything interesting. Last year they had a really big one and I picked up a few fun things, I was hoping to find something again this year.
Around lunchtime, one of my co-workers gave me a ride to Goodwill to get rid of some stuff, I really wanted to shop there, but I refrained (I kinda wanna go back, now). We did stop at an Asian food store though:
Green tea mochi and cakes, choco mushrooms, taro mochi, round cookies that seem to be similar to Hello Panda, Ramune and some kind of milk drink.
After getting home I realized I've gotten the green tea cakes before and was not impressed with them, after spending another $4 on this box, I'm a little bummed. I get really excited when I see green tea things. Last time I went to an Asian food store I was looking for mochi and they didn't have any, so paying $2 for each of these was totally worth it to me. I love these choco mushrooms and couldn't pass them up either. The milk drink was pretty good it tasted like Sprite with a flavoring of milk, kinda wished I got more than one of those. My grand total here was about $19.
I do have to get some tacky glue and after visiting Target.com, Walmart.com and HobbyLobby.com, I found it's cheaper at Hobby Lobby, I didn't think that would happen. I really want to go to Dollar Tree because I passed it up on my after Valentine's day shopping because I was just too tired. I am thinking about going shopping tomorrow.

No comments: