Tuesday, March 13, 2018

shopping

Today, mom and I went to an antique mall in a neighboring town, they were having a spring break sale. I took a lot of pictures of things that I saw,  how cool is this booth?
 I almost bought one of those small Iowa pieces, but in the end I decided I didn't want to pay $8 for it, plus I don't have a place to put it.
 I loved the bird in this piece, but I would have had to buy the whole thing, thought maybe I could just make the bird if I took a picture:
 I thought this was gross, it's a jar of really old jelly beans:
 I took this picture because I remembered we used to have the sesquicentennial Iowa set that Coke put out for Iowa's 150th birthday in 1996 (I think). I asked my mom if they still had those, she said that was a good question.
 Thought this wreath was cute. If I could hang things on my door, I probably would have bought it.
 Look at how big this Easter chick is:
 I'm still watching out for interesting looking teapots:
 I'm no longer buying them, but I'm still noticing them.
Thought this was a weird piece:
 Saw this Jelly Belly cupcake container, it was $10, so I didn't buy it.
 It's the biggest sock monkey ever:
 Apparently this is an Ewok:
 And this is a large stuffed Gremlin:
 Almost bought this book, but I thought I'd see if the library had it instead:
 How cute is this bird bath?
 Told my mom, she should make one of these for our city.
I found a couple jars of jewelry bits for $5 each, I thought they were on sale, but apparently they weren't.
Here's the first one:
 And the pieces I chose to keep from it:
 Mostly charms for a swap, some cute pins and earrings. I mostly bought it for those pieces on the left, the star in the middle and the multi colored piece at the top right corner.
Here's the second jar:
 And what I kept:
 That green thing is actually a broken marble. I bought it for that, the multi colored thing in the middle and the glass stripey beads.
I also picked up a bag of miscellaneous stuff for $4:
 Here's what I kept:
 A bunch of mini stained glass pieces, some sequins for a swap, and that cool round piece at the top.
The last thing I picked up was a half gallon sized ziploc bag of vintage cards for $2, which turned out to be the only item on sale.
Here's what was in it:
 A bunch of baby cards
 Birthday/Christmas cards
 Christmas/Valentine's Day cards
 Valentine's Day cards
 Get Well cards
And baby cards.

I'm not sure if I'm going to cut them up and use them in pocket letters or whatever. I could always cut them apart, put them on cardstock and reuse most of them.

I'm planning on going to Dollar Tree and other places on Friday.

No comments: