Sunday, September 25, 2016

Art festival

I'm trying to be more on top of my blogging. Today was a local art festival that I went to with a friend. While I love going to it, it feels like there's less and less I really want to buy. It's mostly jewelry, large things to hang on your walls, furniture and large art pieces. They are all gorgeous, but I don't have the budget for most of it, and the other stuff I'll never use.
I bought a couple items:
 My mom's been sick with the flu, so I bought her this cute little heart dish. My brother's birthday is next Friday, he works in computers, so I bought him this keychain. I know he won't use it because it's metal and he flies a lot, the less he has to take out of his pockets, the better.
I did stop to get my winter chai, it's been a little chilly in the mornings and it does help me wake up when I have to open:
 That's Tiger Spice Chai, I bought individual packets of Tortoise Green, Elephant, Orca and Flamingo. I wanted to see how they compared to the Tiger Spice.
I also found a couple cute things in their clearance section:
Some cute flair buttons for $1, thought I could use in friend mail, an angel that says "you are loved" on it for $3, I got that for me and a pack of mini greeting cards for $3, I've been eyeing these for awhile, and now that they are on sale, I thought it was perfect.

The 'mini' flood in my last post took out all my white cardstock and a whole shoebox full of pocket letter inserts, including a couple packs I bought. I decided next time Hobby Lobby had their 50% off sale of Paper Studio, I go get some paper. I really don't need more paper, I can easily cut more PL inserts, but I do kinda need cardstock. I think I might have lost my white computer paper too, but I'll have to do a little more investigating. Lucky me, this week they are having that 50% off sale, plus 40% off Halloween. I didn't look at Halloween at all last week because it wasn't on sale. I hope not to spend too much, but you never know. I'm failing miserably at saving money. :(

No comments: