Friday, March 04, 2016

life

Hello all. My life is so boring right now, I still have nothing to talk about. I get up and read my books and then go to work, or vice versa.
As you all know I signed up for Chaotic Goddesses Handmade Etsy swap, I was totally pumped for it, and now I feel like I'm failing miserably at getting together a swap package for my partner. I visited her Etsy favorites site, and picked a couple things, and a few of them told me they were unavailable, or the one I really wanted to get her, the shop is in India (or some far away place like that). I did get one item in the mail today, I also picked up something from a local store that's like one of the things on her favorites list. I'm not sure it counts as a handmade item, it is handmade, but it's from an actual store, so I'm not sure. I was also pumped to make something for my partner (which I'm still gonna do), I'm just having a hard time figuring out what to make. I don't want to send something breakable because I never know how to package those things, and I have gotten things in the past that haven't made it to my house in one piece.
I got my tax refund this past Monday, came about the same time as my paycheck, that was nice. I've been trying not to spend money (it's a lot easier when you don't go anywhere), but then I'm reminded that Easter is coming (at the end of March, that's kinda weird) and I want to put together an Easter basket, plus I have to stock mine. I've also read/watched some videos on YouTube about the cute things that people are picking up for Easter. Speaking of Easter, does anyone know about any Easter swaps? Like I said I want to put together an Easter basket for someone, but I don't have anyone to give one to. I haven't seen anything on my blogs about Easter swaps. I could go for a spring swap, too.
I'm slowly eating my Valentine's Day candy which I picked up on the 15th, which is pretty much the last time I went shopping, more or less. I guess as long as you don't count me going to Hobby Lobby with my mom and buying two mixed bags of buttons as shopping. I really shouldn't go down the button aisle at all.
I'm looking forward to garage sale season, even though I'm trying to downsize and I seriously need to clean and sort through all the stuff in my apartment. I just love the thrill of the hunt that comes with garage sales.
I haven't been doing the weekly Hodgepodge lately, mostly because the questions are very appealing to me, or most of them will be and then a few I don't like. I will try to push myself to do that.
I recently finished The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. I like his books, but I find it really hard to get into them. I read Dead Wake about the Lusitania disaster and I liked that book too, but again found it very hard to get into. I've been wanting to read Devil for awhile, I kept hearing about how good it was, plus it was the 1893 World's Fair and about the first serial killer, H. H. Holmes. I find serial killers fascinating, I always wonder why some people turn out one way and others turn out another way.
I'm in between books at the moment, I'm trying to make myself read the ones I can't renew, but I have them in order of when they're due back at the library, and I find it hard to read one that's due back later than another one. I also suspended all my book requests until after I move. I have so many books from the library to read, plus ones from book sales that I want to read and then get rid of, plus all the other stuff I should be doing.

No comments: