Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Currently...

Have you guys ever read those Currently... posts? Where people post what they're currently doing? I love those, I've seen them pop up on some of my blogs, most recently Pinstrosity, so I thought I'd post one.

Here we go....

CURRENTLY....
Reading...I'm in the middle of a few books (as always) The Longest Kill: The Story of Maverick 41 One of the World's Greatest Sniper by Craig Harrison, The German War: A Nation under Arms 1939-1945: Citizens and Soldiers by Nicholas Stargardt, The Hot House: Life inside Leavenworth Prison by Pete Earley, War of Two: Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, and the Duel that Stunned the Nation by John Sedgwick, A Very British Murder by Lucy Worsely and The American President: From Teddy Roosevelt to Bill Clinton by William Leuchtenburg.
The Longest Kill, I'm barely into. I started it Sunday night, it's requested by other people at the library, so I thought I'd actually read the book instead of turning it back in and re-requesting it. So far I've read about his life up to him joining the army.
The German War is all about the Germans experience of World War II. At first I didn't think I could really read it, but after awhile I got into it, it's a pretty thick book, about 500+ pages. I really do love a really thick book though, and I seem to be particularly intrigued in World War II, I've read about the Nuremburg Trials, quite a few books on the horrors of the concentration camps including one about the history of them. I'm not quite sure why this topic intrigues me so much.
The Hot House, is very interesting. The author actually was granted permission to go inside Leavenworth, which doesn't happen very often, and interview some of the inmates. It's an interesting perspective. If the book wasn't falling apart, I might add it to my Staff Picks shelf at the library.
War of Two, I'm about the first chapter into. I can't really say if it's interesting or not, but I find the topic interesting, I like reading about the American presidents.
A very British Murder is about the fascination people have with murder. It's about English fascination, but I think a lot of what she covers applies to other countries as well. I was trying to get it finished before it was due today, but that didn't happen.
The American President is also a very thick book, about 800+ pages, but I find it fascinating. Like it says, it covers the presidents from Teddy Roosevelt to Bill Clinton, it's very interesting.

WATCHING...movies as usual. I just finished The Intern today, that was pretty funny. I watched Antman last week and that was hilarious. I laughed very loudly and a lot during that movie
LISTENING....I don't really listen to a lot of specific things. My Ipod's usually on shuffle, though the other day I just wanted to listen to Jim Gaffigan the comedian, I guess I needed a little laughter.

EXCITED FOR....my day off tomorrow. I worked Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Today. Which isn't really that much, but I feel like I was on my feet a ton, and my feet are tired of standing. I have been sitting and on the computer since I got home today about 2:30. I'm not planning on doing anything interesting, just relaxing.
I am kinda excited about eating some of the snacks in my February Freedom Japanese Market snack box. They are a company in Japan that gather up popular snacks and send them out once a month. I tried a small box last year and wasn't very impressed, but I signed up for their mailing list and kept wanting to try another one. Last month they had a special of 10% off, so I splurged and went for the family pack. I was so excited to get it in the mail yesterday.
I'm always on the lookout for interesting and new foods, and Asian foods are very interesting and new. We have at least 3 Asian grocery stores here and I try to frequent them and try new stuff. I don't always like the stuff I try, but it's fun to try.

WORKING ON....Not a ton. I'm still trying to clean, sort and get rid of stuff, but I'm not very motivated to do it. I have packed some stuff up, but then I have less things out and it's kinda depressing.
I have put together an Easter basket for a friend. I'm excited about that. I guess that should be above.
I'm also trying to keep filling out the Wednesday Hodgepodge and blog more frequently. I have a swap coming in the mail at some time in the near future, so there's a post there.

AT THIS EXACT MOMENT...I'm sitting on my futon staring at the blank TV screen, listening to my growling stomach tell me I need to eat supper.

I stole these currently words from My So Called Chaos today, from her March 11th post.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love this idea of 'currently'! I enjoyed your answers and may have to a post soon of my own like this! Have a great week!