- I'm so glad the university president cancelled VEISHEA. It seems the students and other people who come to celebrate VEISHEA do something bad (like rioting) and the celebration is scaled back for a few years and then they do it again. It's an annoying cycle. I didn't think changing the name, or having things only during the day would stop this cycle. It's sad, because it's been going on for 92 years, but sometimes you just need to realize it's been too much and needs to stop.
- I'm loving that the house is sold and the new owners are here. It's so quiet downstairs. I always had to compete with my dad's screen reading software and his TV/radio. I've read so many more books in week than I normally do.
- I haven't talked to my parents in about a week, and I really like it. I feel so stressed around them because I know I'm not living up to their expectations and I feel like I can't relax around them. Like I said above, it's so quiet here, and I'm so less stressed knowing they're not even in the house.
- I'm a little worried about the upcoming weeks, especially the last week of August. The library is moving back to its original home (I'm not worried about that part) and I'm working at the bookstore for RUSH. I'm working a lot of hours. The last week in August I'm working 40 hours at the book store plus another 18 at the library, and I'll be on my feet the whole time. I try not to think about it, and I know I'm doing it to myself, and I need the money, it's just like a giant thing looming at me.
- I'm worried about my job at the library after the move. We got re-organized and I'm not very happy with my job right now and I know it's only going to get worse after the move.
- I really don't want to look for jobs, but I know I need more money, now that I'm paying more in rent and I really do need another/new job.
- It will be fall soon, and I need winter boots. Specifically I need black boots to wear to work. I got rid of all my winter/work boots this spring because they didn't fit, were leaking in water, gave me blisters, or weren't comfortable. I don't want to spend money on boots, and the stores don't have them yet, I'm afraid I'll forget about it and then freak out when I need them and don't have them.
- Even though I won't admit it to my parents, I am looking forward to the vacation in Charleston this winter.