1. As August draws to a close, share what's been your favorite weekend of the entire summer? I'm gonna say the weekend of the August 16th and 17th. On the 16th, I went to the state fair with a friend, on the 17th, the library had a book brigade to start the moving of the library.
2. Labor Day is marked in the US of A on Monday, September 1st. What paying job have you held that you've loved the most? Liked the least? I loved my job at the library, and now I'm not happy with my job at the library.
3. Does the new school year start before or after Labor Day where you live? When do you think it should begin? There is much discussion now about older students having later start times to their school day...your thoughts? Before, when I was a kid the school year started about the same time as the university, now it starts even earlier. I liked the later start time, mostly because we could run away to Okoboji, IA for our last hurrah of the summer.
4. What's something you've worked at recently that could be deemed a 'labor of love'? Nothing
5.Which of the following work idioms can you most relate to right now...'A woman's work is never done.', 'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.' 'Many hands make light work.' Many hands make light work. The library moved back to it's new renovated location. We planned two weeks for the move starting last Monday, we finished moving the collection on Sunday. That's about a quarter of a million books in a week. Thanks to great volunteers and workers we got done well ahead of schedule.
6. Crab or lobster or thanks, but no thanks? Favorite way to have your choice prepared? I like lobster. My parents and I went to Red Lobster a few weeks ago, I ordered crab legs, I decided it was way too much work for the meat. It also was very salty to me, I didn't like it. I really like their lobster tail and steak.
7. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, 'Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Which of the three do you consider to be the most important? Share one of your own 'rules of work'. That is way too much thinking for me right now. I just finished an 11 hour day, and my mind will not produce an answer for me.
8. Insert your own random thought here. We did finish moving the record time wicked quickly, unfortunately that meant that they cancelled two of my shifts this week. I was supposed to work a total of 58 hours between my two jobs this week and I was dreading it a bit, but I really need the money. There's no way I can make up the hours because I'm at one job all day, I only had evenings to work at the library, so I'm a bit perturbed about that.