Tuesday, August 05, 2014

It's finally quiet

It's Hodgepodge time. Check out Joyce's blog to see other people's answers.

1. What would you say is the key to success? Never stop learning.

2. Have you ever been to the Florida Keys? Any desire to visit that part of the US of A? I have not, I've been to Florida, it was pretty cool. I'd like to go back there some day.

3. When and where did you last see a real live donkey? Monkey? Turkey? Whenever I went to the Des Moines Zoo a few years ago.

4. An old Portuguese proverb says, 'Beware of the door with too many keys.' What do you think this means? Share an example of how this has proven true or false in your own life. Honestly, I have no idea.

5. Besides your home, vehicle, and special jewelry, what is something you keep under lock and key? My fabric book:
 
 It's my favorite piece that I've made. It's made with various pieces of fabric, doilies, trim, hankies, scarves, dish towels, and other bits and pieces I had around my apartment.
Someday, I plan to make another one, but everytime I think about it, I also remember my hand cramping up from the sewing, so it may be awhile. I might just make pages for awhile.

 6. When did you last get keyed up about something? Lately it seems to be work, I won't elaborate.

7. Who thinks we need an easy one right about now?  Key lime pie...yes please or no thank you? That sounds yummy, yes please.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm loving not living above my parents. They always called me every day with little things, and wanting me to do stuff for them. I haven't talked to them since Saturday, it's really nice. I love not being under their watchful eye. I'm also loving the quiet. My dad's 'rec' room was under my living room and he always had something on, his computer with screen reading software or his TV, or his radio and I could hear it through the floor. The new owners have a 3-year old and I can here her running through the house sometimes, but it makes me smile. For some reason, when they make noise, it doesn't bother me near as much. I know the floors/ceilings are thin, but I don't hear them as much.

No comments: