It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Check out Joyce's blog for other people's answers.
1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way? I can't give you a specific time, but most likely it was when I was late and looking for something because I didn't plan ahead. I have a tendency to hurry through my apartment, throwing things around until I find what I'm looking for, or run out of time and leave.
2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going? Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home? No, I've never been to Mardi Gras. I have, however, been to Mardi Gras World in New Orleans. My dad had a radio conference there where I was in high school, and I got to go along. One of the night events was to go to Mardi Gras world and have dinner there. It was pretty cool.
I'm not sure I'd want to go be around all those crowds and drunk people. I don't wear a lot of those colors. Green is probably most prevalent in my wardrobe, though I'd like to have more purple. Green again, my favorite colors are blue and green, though I'm trying to bring more vibrant colors into my home.
3. Are you old fashioned? It depends on what we're talking about. I think I may be old fashioned in what I expect out of people. I really hate that people have to check their phones all the time, like at work and when you're out with other people. I expect them to pay attention to what they're doing.
And I love antiques and old houses.
4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous? I like to plan certain things out. I like to make sure I have a hotel to stay at. But, usually I'll just kinda wing it when I get wherever I'm going, unless there's something I want to make sure I see and I need to set up a tour ahead of time.
5. March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce? I like pesto. It's easy to make and makes things taste very good.
6. What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye? Animals
7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why? I don't do sports
8. Insert your own random thought here. I cut my hair yesterday. It was at the length where when it's in a ponytail, it annoyed me. It was about chest length and now it hits my ears. The stylist said it was about 8 inches cut off. A pretty drastic change. I work almost right next door to a Great Clips, so I figured I'd just go after work. It's Tuesday (when I write this), very few people have seen my hair cut. I'm curious how people will react when I go into work tonight.
On our way home from Chicago, we stopped off at a Hobby Lobby, but unlike some other stores I feel all Hobby Lobby's have the same stuf...
Since I didn't do Hodgepodge today, and I saw one of my Youtube subscriptions do this, I thought I would too. They are fall questions. ...
Because I don't have enough. Hobby Lobby had Christmas at 50% off last week and since I didn't know if that would continue on this ...
It's Hodgepodge time again. Check out Joyce's blog to see other people's answers. 1. What would you say is the best and wor...