Sunday, September 04, 2011

New Things

Wow! It's been awhile since I posted. I guess life's just been busy. Let's see, the week of August 22nd, I was working at the bookstore again for 3 days. I ended up with 2 eleven hour days between my two jobs, that wasn't fun. On the 25th, I got to play with my friend's puppies, that was a great deal of fun. On August 27th, I had a booth at the Lincoln Highway Days flea market. I didn't sell much, I think I made about $20, and that was all on jewelry or buttons. I had a whole bunch of jewelry and glassware and vintage handkerchiefs from my garage sale finds, but it seemed people didn't really want to buy much. I even walked around and all I bought was food and a couple of tries with a game.
It was a fun experience, and I'd do it again, just not too soon. Course now I don't know what to do with my things I was ready to part with. Maybe I'll list some of the buttons and jewelry on Etsy.
August 28th, I had a city picnic to go to, and then it's this past week, which was just work. I caught some kind of flu/cold this week and for the past few days I have been feeling pretty crappy. Then on Friday, I worked until about 3, so I didn't have a lot of time to hit sales before they closed for the day. I did get to one.
Yesterday, I decided to brave the weather and head out to some more. That was a bad idea, when I left it was sprinkling kinda hard, after getting to 2 sales it started pouring, and I got drenched. I got halfway to the third sale and decided to look at the time, and I found my phone in a puddle in my bag. I decided to go buy some rice and go home. Next time, I will head to the sale I want to go to first and then to the others.
Here's what I got this weekend:
This is the third one of these sugar bowls I have, I love the heavy glass look. The first one I bought has an etching in the front. But, I love these.

This bunch of jewelry I picked up on Friday, my favorite is the lion 'door knocker' earring. I plan to do something with it in my art.

I also picked up 3 movies: Desperado, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Fight Club.

The weather has finally cooled off a little, it's only 59 right now. I told my mother I would mow the lawn today, but I really don't want to. My nose is still plugged up from this cold thing. My phone is still taking a rice nap, I couldn't remember if it was 12 or 24 hours I was supposed to leave it in. I love the quietness here. I did tell my parents it was out of order, but I don't think I hear the buzz when it rings, and I don't check it all the time, I think I'm a little more mellow without it. I am a little worried though, when I checked it yesterday (after picking it out of the puddle), the front screen was not working, and some of the buttons weren't working. Course, we're out of our plan, and my dad keeps saying he's gonna sign a new plan, maybe this will get them going.

What's been going on in your lives?

1 comment:

Marydon said...

Lovely finds, so love that kind of glass & the jewelry is wonderful. Went to (1) ys & what a coup ... happy feet for sure.

Have a beautiful holiday ~