Monday, June 08, 2009

When the President does it, it's not against the law

I watched Frost Nixon yesterday/today. It's a really good movie. It's about the interview that David Frost does with former President Nixon after he resigned from office. Granted, I wasn't alive in the 70's, so I don't know how the original interview went (except for the clips in the bonus features on the DVD), but I thought it was really good. I think a person should watch All the President's Men, about the two reporters Woodward and Bernstein blowing Watergate wide open, and then watch Frost Nixon. I'm pretty sure I had to watch All the President's Men in school, unfortunately Frost Nixon is rated R, but I think it would be a pretty good one for kids to watch in school as well.
I have a habit of watching movies twice in pretty quick succession. Usually when I'm watching a movie for the first time, it's in the evening when I'm tired. Last night, I was half listening to the radio as we had a tornado watch going on while we were watching the movie, so today I watched it again with my full attention span. Very good, I'm gonna have to go out and buy it now.

Also, in news, I will be going to Hawaii at the end of the year. I am very excited, we'll be there almost 2 weeks.

Oh, I almost forgot. I did a local event called and Art Walk here on Friday night, where I displayed my art work: quite a few ATC's, the scrapbook page/framed piece I did for Kevin, and a few other pieces I have done in the past, check out my art blog here for some posts on the other pieces I showed. It was pretty fun, I chatted with a lot of people about my art, and I sold 4 ATC's, I was really excited about that. Now, I need to get more ATC's up on my Etsy store. I hope people will be as interested in them there as they were on the art walk.

No comments: