Thursday, September 19, 2019

Donuts

Friday: I had planned to walk up to the mall, hitting a garage sale on the way there, but didn't get up until later and didn't want to squish it all in before I had to be at work. Found a couple pieces of mail on my way to work.
Wish of sticker flakes:
Love these, they're so cute.
 Happy mail:
Not as big a fan of this. I like the owl and the kawaii stickers, not much else. The unicorn piece would have been nice, if it wasn't just a card front. I passed the face mask on to a friend.
Saturday: I wanted to go to garage sales, but it was the big Iowa/Iowa State football game. Iowa is our (ISU's) big rival, with all that and lots of people in town, I didn't actually go outside except to check the mail. I wanted to walk to the mall and shop, but knew there would be crowds of people in town and I didn't want to deal with them.
Happy Mail:
 Not much exciting in here. I like the llama paperclip
I did put together a couple things to mail out.
Favorite animal: lion:
 I had gotten this from another group for about the same tag. It's a large decal. I love it, but I knew I'd never use it, thought I'd pass it on to someone else.
SMS fuzzy:
 People keep sending me socks for random tags, so I'm sending them back out.
Flat item:
 I got this for a dollar store tag. I will never use them, so I passed them on.
Stuff your backpack:
 Basically a destash swap. I tried to stuff it all in a cardboard priority mailer, but it ripped. And last time I sent a cardboard one out, it must've gotten stuck somewhere because my partner received it very damaged, but as far as I could tell, nothing was missing.
I went to a movie with a friend that night. I haven't been to a movie in a theater in years. We went to see Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood. It's an alternate timeline to the Manson murders. My friend suggested I look at Sharon Tate's murder before I saw it. I spent way too much time online and wikipedia reading about it, even though I've read the book on the Manson murders (Helter Skelter), so I really didn't need to. I thought it was ok, very long, too much backstory (not on Sharon Tate, mostly on the other main character). I got a bit bored in the first half of it (the backstory), apparently I was so relaxed while watching it, my fit bit thought I fell asleep. Also, the movie theater we saw it in was originally a theater (like for plays) and the sound was a bit too loud for me.
Sunday: I finished a project for my geeky group:
 It's a "book" box with some of the things she likes. Check out my art blog if you're interested in seeing the whole thing.
I also made a fall pocket letter:
 And put together a happy mail wish:
 Monday: I stopped off at a local bakery on the way home:
 And totally bought way too much. The humidity was wicked when I left work, I was sweating when I got home (8 blocks).
I received a private swap of Harry Potter stuff:
 Sadly, it came a bit too late and wasn't what I expected. It was for the book box. The crest is a thick postcard, I was looking for something thinner and the Harry Potter bits seem like they were cut from a box, I was led to believe they were page flags.
Pink happy mail:
 My person made a flip book and filled it with stuff.
 Love the butterflies.

 The goodies:
 Junk journal clusters:
 These were fun, also a bit of challenge for me, my partner said they were a challenge for her, as well. I love that one on the right.
Under the sea flip book:
 My partner said it was her first one, I think she did pretty good.
 I like how she included stamps as decorations.
 I like that she had a bunch of stuff that I could take off and reuse, as I get really into decorating flip books, I'm not that good at sharing stuff in them.
 She included a couple extra things as well.
 Tuesday: I was going to walk to the mall again, but my laziness won this day. Sometimes it does help me save money. I put together stuff to mail out.
Wish for something sticky:
 I had received this for a snail tag, even though it's not a snail.
Wish for surprise:
 Green crafting swap:
 On Monday, the temperature was 84 and the humidity was wicked high, like I said it was pretty bad out. Tuesday, the temperature was 95 or so and the humidity was more normal (about 50%), I wasn't even hot when I made it to work. It's amazing what a little humidity does to the how hot you feel. I found some mail on my way to work.
Fall ATCs:
 Flat mail:
 Passed this on to a friend.
Just because:
 basically mail something the other person will like. I like it, it's beautiful, but I have a ton of notebooks.
I also found this in my work mailbox:
 And I made a Hot Air Balloon card that day as well:
 Wednesday: no mail, nothing exciting really happened. We did have a pretty big thunderstorm in the middle of the day. Thankfully it ended before I left, but there were quite a few very wet people in the library shortly after it.
Thursday: I had again planned to walk up to the mall, but it was rainy out (has been off and on all week), so I didn't. Plus, I knew I'd be doing the fall central Iowa junk jaunt on Friday and going to the Octagon Art Festival on Sunday and knew I wouldn't just walk to the mall. My plan was to go to Walmart and TJ Maxx, and there's no way I wouldn't spend money. Got a couple things in the mail.
Dollar store tag:
 This would have been great, if I hadn't already bought one for myself before.
Favorite animal, owl:
I'm so tired of getting address labels. I have well over a hundred of them already. I've noted in several sections that I don't want more. Why couldn't they have printed me please deliver to labels? I can always use those.

No comments: