Friday, September 20, 2019

Junkin' Day

Today was my big Junkin' Day with my friend. Our first stop was out in the country, I had gone to this place with my aunts in June. There was a bunch of cute stuff.
What I bought:
 The buttons are actually magnets, they were 50 cents each. The frog is some kind of jar? The top has holes and the bottom a little divot, we decided maybe it was for incense. I don't need a frog, but this one was unique enough, I had to buy it. I spent a total of $2.
Our next stop was a place I'd been to the first time I did this with my mom, I had bought a few things that time. This time we found stuff to be a bit pricey and very humid. I didn't buy anything.
Our next stop was to a winery, way out of the way from all the other stops. This one was very disappointing, not only was it not close to anything else, they had 4 vendors of newer handmade things. My friend looked at their flyer and they were supposed to have 13 vendors of vintage and handmade plus 3 food vendors. It was set up for a bunch of vendors and we thought maybe they were coming in Saturday and Sunday. I find that really rude, if you commit to something, you should commit to all the days. For some people (like me and my friend), we were only able to do it on Friday due to our schedule, so we got gypped out of all the vendors and the food vendors. We didn't see anything that promoted food at this stop, it didn't even have any signs saying it was for this jaunt, other places in the country had signs saying #5 on the jaunt. I won't be going back to this place for any reason.
I did find these cute guys there:
 The other vendors were a honey vendor, they had lotion and honey. Upstairs they had a bath bombs/soap stuff vendor and some wooden handmade stuff. I didn't buy anything.
Next up we went to a town that had 6 different stops. We found a garage sale on the way there. I found something there.
 A rubber duck dressed up for Halloween, a tiny little owl and a minions Valentine's mailbox. I spent $1.25 here.
Our next stop was gross, I couldn't even make it in the door, it smelled like mold and grossness. It looked like a horrible hoarder situation.
Next up was handmade booth, it was pretty cute with a lot of fabric stuff. Next was a place that was pretty cool, lots of new uses for old things. It had some landscape paintings that someone had added to. We thought it was a pretty cool way to reuse old paintings. I also found some beautiful velvet paintings there:
 And these:
 I don't have room for velvet paintings, but I love them.
Next up was another unfortunate place. In another beautiful building (or it was), but reeked of urine and covering up of cigarettes.
Next we went to a place that was fun and random. I found a few things:
 All the doodads were in the vase, I put them back in there when I got home. Total spent $2.
The next place had a bunch of cool stuff, just nothing I was interested in buying. I found this neat sign:
 And the cutest tiniest overalls:
 I bought my friend and I some lemonade, it was about 1pm at that point and we were getting pretty hungry.
The next place I had been to a couple times, it was a soap and other things shop.
 I picked up this vintage postcard for $2, normally I wouldn't pay $2 for a postcard, but it reminded me of my grandmother. She liked pansies and her birthday is in October, I want to find a cute frame and frame it. That was the last stop in this town, we headed to another town with a bunch of stops.
First up, was an old building that I think used to be a general store, the way it was still set up. Very big, and lots of stuff in it, including this cute guy:
 I didn't end up buying anything there, but I'd love to go back. Next door were some neat vendors, one had a bunch of Pyrex dishes. Next to that was the place I picked up my teeth in June, I found this cool window:
 And picked up a button:
 For 28 cents.
At that point we were getting very hungry, we headed to a place we saw on the way in, only to find they had soup and snacks as they were out of business and just having a small liquidation sale. We found a cute little cafe a little ways down and went there for lunch, it was a quarter after two at this point. I had a turkey, bacon, avocado wrap and a Mountain Dew, which wasn't very exciting, but it was good. I really wanted to find something that was a small town thing and different, but we didn't. We stopped at a thrift store, that I had been with another friend and found a few more things:
 birthday card, pom pom poufs, and some stickers. Total spent $1.50. I love the stickers because they're not something I think I'd find anywhere else, the card was too cute as were the pom pom things.
By that time, my friend said she had to get home as she had a prior dinner arrangement. We did stop at this random place on the way out of town. It had a bunch of hardware stuff, cooking stuff, kids stuff and collectibles. It was such a weird assortment of things, I'd like to go there again sometime.
 frog bank, minion play set, and squishy frog. Total spent $9. There was a green frog bank, but I liked this one better. It's always a good day if I can find something minion, it's a pretty cute playset, too. Also, I like the porcupine ish frog toy.
I spent a total of about $30 today, but nothing was really so great. Nothing really stands out as a favorite purchase. I still want to go shopping at the mall tomorrow, and I might. I'm not sure, I also have to close tomorrow afternoon.
I think I'm over this jaunt, I've been on it so many times, it's just the same stuff it feels like. I'm not sure if I had more fun with my friend or with my aunts in June. I like that my aunts came and we did something together (even though my mom doesn't understand how we could have had quality time). We talked a lot in the car on the way to places, but also at lunch and also at the places we went to. They live a couple hours away, so I hate waiting for them to get here.
With my friend, she still had something in the morning, but we met up about 9:15, so that wasn't so bad, plus we get to talk and hang out, and shop. I think I need to find something new and different to do with her.
When I got home, I found a granted wish of sticker flakes in my mailbox:
I keep wondering where my Send Me Something edible that was mailed two weeks ago from the US is. I'm wondering if I should bother asking the admins about it, or not.

No comments: