Saturday, October 20, 2018

Good Day

It was a good day today.
Except that part where I had to get up at 7AM to go to my mother's for the church fairs. We did decide they weren't very exciting, but then the first time you do something it's more interesting than any subsequent time.
Found some cute cookie jars at the first one:
 I was so tempted to buy that tea shop one for my boss, but I didn't.
Here's what I did purchase:
 a bunch of stamped images for $1 and an angel for $0.25
 Some cards for $2 each.
Found this cookie jar at the next sale:
 And this cool bag with Zelda stained glass windows, very cool.
 My goal was to get scotcheroos, and I found a plate at the second sale:
 Scotcheroos $4, Almond bark goodies $2, puppy chow $2.
I love how they tell you there's peanut butter in the scotcheroos, I certainly hope so. The puppy (or people) chow as they called it was weird, it wasn't as chocolatey as others and had peanuts in it, I'll be taking that to work on Monday.
 tin $0.25, hope rock $0.50.
I picked up the tin to replace my tea cozy tin because I have too many single tea bags from swaps. My word since I broke up with my ex, years ago has always been hope. I love that this 'rock' had a frog on it as well.
My plan was to go shopping in the afternoon, and then I got up and saw there was a wind advisory 8-2, after getting home from the church fairs with my mother, I was cold and having a hard time warming up, so told myself I wasn't going to go out, that I'd go tomorrow or Tuesday when I had the day off, but then I was watching this video on youtube about plane crashes and they started talking about aliens crashing planes. I decided then I needed to leave the house.
I needed some clothespins and number sticker for an art project. I hit Dollar Tree first:
 Tea, donut coin purses, clothespins, pens, gloves, bandaids, keychain, magnet, stickers.
I'm running a bit low on my chamomile tea. I saw someone get these coin purses on youtube the other day, so I had to pick them up as well as the cat pom pom keychain and the donut magnet. I found the clothespins, 24 for a buck. I picked up the pens for a swap. It's that time of year to need gloves and I needed the bandaids cause a pair of my shoes suck and give me blisters. I'm also thinking of using them as a cheap fix for an issue with my boots. And of course stickers.
 stickers, bows, cards, owl ornament.
Cause I have a hard time passing up planner or unicorn or cute animal stickers. The bows are for my clothespins. I'm always picking up birthday cards. And I liked the owl ornament.
 pillow, ornament, gift bags
I love this pillow, my favorite emoji is the nerd emoji. I don't like sticker emojis, I like the more 3D stuff. Again, needed the ornament and gift bags for swaps.
Next up was Target:
 socks ($1.50), keychain ($1.50), DVD ($7.50), cashews (2 for $8)
Saw the socks were on clearance, picked them and the pineapple keychain up for swaps. I keep checking out Deepwater Horizon from the library, figured I should just buy it. I couldn't pass up the cashews, they are soo good.
As I was writing this up, I realized I was supposed to pick up razor blades.
Next was Walmart:
 gift tags ($1.50), pot holders ($0.88 each), tape ($6), buttons ($2), and a whale ornament ($2)
How do you pass up these gift tags that have cacti and narwhals and llamas on them? Especially for $1.50, there's 18 of them. Picked up the pot holders for swaps and probably the whale, too. I'm always picking up the tape packs everytime I go to Walmart. I had to pick up these buttons when I saw they were $2, because at Hobby Lobby they are $3 or $4.
Last stop was Hobby Lobby because I never found any number stickers.
 coffee stickers ($3), Christmas kit ($3), Christmas ornaments ($3), Troll ($1), Project life kit ($8)
Apparently stickers wer 40% off, which would have been great if they had some number stickers I could have used. I picked up the Christmas kit and ornaments for swaps. The troll is a keychain, I picked up two of them. I love this project life kit, I didn't know it at the time, but as I was going through the journaling cards, there were quite a few that had books and bookshelves, and one that said Totally Worth It, that sums up my thoughts on this purchase.
 Christmas paper, stickers and unicorn stickers.
I picked up the Christmas paper for a swap and I realized about half of the papers don't have to be for Christmas. Not exactly sure why I picked up the round Christmas stickers. Unicorn stickers don't need a reason. The number stickers I picked up for my swap.
Saw this beautiful car on the way home.
 And found some mail.
 Wish for sms interesting and a stuffed snail
and some sticker sheets.
I'm rather excited about the emoji pillow, the hope rock, the cashews, the whale, the project life kit and the snail.
After being so bummed for so long, this definitely helped.

No comments: