Saturday, October 27, 2018

Weekly update

Sunday: I finished some altered library pockets:
 And got some tags packed up.
Grant a wish:
 She had wished for gel pens, anything Peanuts Christmas and junk journal supplies. I didn't find any Christmas Peanuts stuff on my travels on Saturday, so I chose some gel pens and put in some junk journal supplies.
Magnet:
 I felt a little bad about sending this as the magnet, but I didn't know what else I'd do with this magnet, I did include a magnetic bookmark as well.
Wish
 She asked for birthday mail.
Wish
 She asked for cartoon stuff, specifically LOL, for her daughter, and since I have a bunch of LOL stuff for some reason, I thought I'd send it out.
12 Days of Christmas Envelope swap:
 I had it mostly done except for filling the a few envelopes. I also chose to use a gift bag for #12.
 Monday, was a long day at work. I had a meeting at 3:15, I normally work until 1:15, so I stayed and and did some stuff in between, by the time I made it home, it was almost 5, I didn't plan for that.
I found some mail when I got home.
Wacky Wednesday: Flavored:
 Though I'm not entirely sure how a facemask is flavored, I'm not eating it.
Puzzle book:
 It's mostly my fault I don't like these. There's not a lot of puzzle books I enjoy. I think I just wanted to send off the puzzle book I had. I did that for a lip gloss tag, too. I don't use lip gloss, so I was going to be disappointed with that. I need to be better at onl signing up for stuff I will use.
Tuesday: I had the day off to make up some extra time I had worked. I slacked off all day. I had some mail when I checked.
Halloween pocket letter
I've got to stop making things for this group. I realize it's more of a mail group vs a creative group. But, I just wanted a Halloween pocket letter, just one.
Wednesday: was busy at work, we were short people and it was just really busy. I put together a Y tag:
 yo-yo's and yellow. I didn't participate in X because I couldn't think of anything and I didn't want an X-rated tag in return. I'm not going to participate in Z because I don't have anything and I'm not going to participate in the next alphabet. I've been more disappointed than thrilled about things I've gotten in return.
I had a thank you card in the mail when I got home.
Thursday, I didn't do much.
I received my grant a wish tag:
 I'm a bit disappointed in these, too. I asked for number stickers, and I realize these are number stickers, but I needed them for an advent calendar, they are way too big.
Keychain tag:
 Love this, even though I'll never use it as a keychain, it's a bit too big for me.
And a couple pen pal letters:
 Thursday was a pretty good mail day.
I also got my Garland Advent calendar items all put together
I tried to not have everything Christmassy, but wanted more Christmas than regular items. I also got the gift bags done, but was too tired to take a picture, that will probably come next week.
I put together a Sticky notes tag:
 Friday: I closed at the library, it was also a busy day, I felt very overwhelmed and then my co workers let me have the last hour in the back, and that totally helped.
I received a Wacky Wednesday: Silly
 I don't think of the emojis as silly and I hate the poop emoji. I passed these on to someone else.
I had signed up for a paper marbling class at my local art center after work. I was wicked tired when I got there and thought maybe doing it after work on a Friday night was a bad idea, but if I wasn't working, I'd probably find some reason not to go. It was fun, but they said all materials were provided, when I got there, the instructor said something about we should be wearing aprons, but did she provide any? Nope. This was supposed to be like those sip and paint things where you go home with a finished project and I do love the papers I made, it's just paper. It would have been nice to have a card, but there wouldn't have been enough time to do that. We were creating up until a quarter of nine, and I was definitely ready to go home and go to bed at that time.
Here's what I created:


 It was really fun, and I don't want to use my papers, cause they're so neat. I probably won't make more unless another class comes up.
I was so tired by the time I got home, my feet were throbbing because apparently I don't have comfortable shoes to be standing in for 8 hours. My co worker commented on my boots saying they looked cute and comfy. I had replied after 5 hours they were not that comfy anymore and she said no shoes were.
Saturday, I woke up tired. I don't know why, my body just hurt. I spent the day watching youtube and working on a book. It's a good book, it's just kinda dry and intense and the print is small.
I received my 12 Days of Christmas envelope swap in the mail:
 I have to hide it until December, so I don't open them.
I put together an SMS cozy tag:
 A junk journal tag:
 A destash tag:
 And a surprise tag:
I find the surprise tags to be really hard. I want to send something good, I probably over think them too much.

No comments: