Thursday, January 25, 2018

Not much exciting has happened since last Friday. I was so excited to be done at the bookstore. I do enjoy working there, but working 3 jobs at a time is very tiring. And I basically do nothing other than get up, go to work, come home, go to bed and repeat. 
Saturday, I opened at the library, had a few hours downtime and then worked a basketball game that night. Sunday, I worked a wrestling match, had a few hours downtime where I did my laundry and went to Red Lobster for dinner with my parents.
Monday, I got tired of demanding people, mostly my mother, but people. 
Tuesday, I basically took a break from the world. I turned off my phone and worked on art stuff and watched TV. I had a great day until I turned my phone back on and realized my mother had a temper tantrum because the world didn't go her way. She does this with me every now and then, if I don't do exactly as she asks for any reason, she says something rude and stops talking to me. I decided if she couldn't act like an adult, I don't want to deal with her. I'm tired of being the adult or the bigger person, not only with her, but in Facebook things, too.
Wednesday, I opened at the library, I was going to return a hat, but of course left the hat home, I decided to go shopping anyway for some retail therapy.
First stop, Walmart:
 Squeesh-yum, Mineez, glitter, stickers, squirt toys, blind bags.
I put the squirt toys and the Tsum Tsum blind bags in my Advent Calendar. I have finally filled it up, so every other fun thing I get to enjoy. I wish I knew why I was so annoyed with the world lately, I want to say this time it's because I haven't been able to enjoy the fun things I've bought, but I know it's not true. The Squeesh-yum is one of those squishy things, it's shaped like a piece of toast with a face and an ear dipped in chocolate, it was $3. The Mineez were $1.50, the glitter was $0.50 each. The stickers were $2.97, I thought they'd work if I had more birthday explosion boxes to make. I found these cute little squirt toys in the toy aisle, they were $1.97 each. The blind bags were all $1.
 The thing in the background is a burn-out top, it was $5. The bath fizzies turned out to be $3. The underwear was $10, and I needed the tape it was $6. I spent a grand total of $42, it was mostly because of the things in this picture.
I was going to go to TJ Maxx as well, but decided I was happy with my purchases from Walmart and went back home. I stopped to mail a Valentine's pocket letter and went to the grocery store on the way home.
Today, I went to our downtown area for some dollar days deals. I didn't find many.
First stop, HyVee Drug:
 colorable decal $1.25, a couple snowmen at $0.50, chai $11, eos lip balm $1.99, earrings $1, and a cute little crystal bird for $2.29. I bought the the decal and snowmen for future swaps. I needed the chai for the mornings I open at the library. I couldn't pass up the deal on the eos and earrings. I picked up the bird for a friend's birthday gift.
Next stop:
These picks were marked at $0.25 and apparently they were half off of that. I plan to break off the sticks and use them on explosion boxes. I'm tempted to go back and buy all the rest of the Happy Birthday ones they had.
I really wanted some exciting Valentine's Day stuff but I didn't find anything. Not many stores even had Valentine's Day stuff. I also realize that our downtown is made up of small independent retailers, but I just don't feel like paying the higher prices these days.
There were also a couple times I almost bought something for a friend, but I am so tired of being the person that buys for other people and rarely gets anything in return. I know it's part of my personality, but I'm tired of giving so much lately, I'm tired of what feels like one-sided relationships, where people only want to hang out when it's convenient for them, not that they care about how I feel.

No comments: