Saturday, January 13, 2018

Long Week

And it has felt very long. Basically, all I've done is get up, go to work, come home, go to bed, repeat.
Sunday was the start of a new Screw it and do it challenge on one of my facebook groups, here's Sunday's creation:
I wanted to sign up this time around to make myself create something even though I was wicked busy. This one is in my notebook.
That's all I did on Monday. I worked an 11 hour day.
Here's Monday's SI&DI creation:
This is another page of my notebook.
Tuesday, I didn't work until noon, it was nice to sleep in but I misjudged my timeline and had barely any time to eat lunch, this was an 8 hour day.
Here's Tuesdays SI&DI creation:
Another page of my notebook.
Wednesday: I opened at the library, went to the post office to mail swaps, that I don't remember what they were (that's pretty sad). I went grocery shopping on the way home and had to work a basketball game that night. My feet just hurt so much at the game, I was glad to be at a slower door. This was a 9 hour day.
Here's Wednesday's SI&DI creation:
This one is a decorated vellum bag.
Thursday, I did the same thing as Monday. This was my longest, a 12 hour day. Thankfully, I got to sit a lot at the library that night. Weird thing was that my feet didn't hurt near as much as they did on Wednesday. We had some interesting weather, they predicted blizzard like conditions. We got lots of wind, some heavy snow periods and very cold temperatures, which was a big 180 from earlier in the week when we hit 44.
Here's Thursdays SI&DI creation:
This one is a mini loaded bag I made for a swap.
Friday was another shorter day with only 9 hours. I opened my mail that I received on Thursday, year-round paper clips:
 February calendar tag:
 Alphabet tags:
 I stopped off at the grocery store to get some pickles and milk. I took a bath and used up a LUSH bath bomb someone gave me for Christmas, I wasn't impressed. I've decided I just need to accept the fact that people are not going to ask if you use bath stuff, beauty stuff, planner stuff, religious stuff and so much other stuff before sending it to you in a swap and I just need to accept it and be happy that they sent me something.
I also created for the SI&DI challenge:
This will probably become a card. It's just a single paper right now.
I spent the rest of the night watching ER and catching up on the computer.
Saturday: I was scheduled to work 10-4 at the bookstore. I again appreciated being able to sleep in. I got to the store a little early, so I shopped:
I thought that small canvas would be fun to send to a crafter, I think that's how we all feel about our washi tape. I wanted some chocolate, so I picked up the 'chocolate' rocks. I saw this little book on one of their displays. Basically it's a book of quotes and neat artwork. I kinda want to cut it up and use it for an inspirational explosion box.
It was wicked slow and then the lights started going off (apparently someone accidentally flipped a switch they shouldn't have). I went to take my lunch break at 12:15, and my boss said I could just go home because it was so slow, so I went to Hobby Lobby to spend some money.
 I saw some cool displays throughout, cactus:
 flowery:
 unicorns:
 I also saw these sticker books, they kinda look like Paper Studio's version of the Mambi sticker books, they were $20 each.
I saw on one of my facebook groups that it's national sticker book and Hobby Lobby had their stickers at 40% off. There were a couple interested me, but I thought I'd wait until their paper studio stuff was 50% off, not that I need more of anything.
Here's what I picked up:
 Some tiny zip top bags, rosette stickers, pack of 50 sheets of 8.5x11 paper, some retro stickers, a couple of sticker books.
I needed the bags for goodies, I just liked the rosettes. I don't need more paper, but I loved the top paper. There were 50 sheets, 48 were originally priced at 44 cents and two at 59 cents, so great deal, but I really have to stop buying paper and stickers. I love the retro looking stickers.
This is the Months of the year sticker book:
I love the images on this.
 And the 100% girl sticker book:
 The images on this one match the Pink Parisian paper pad, sadly the colors do not.
 White thicker stickers, a snail, a couple rolls of Finding Nemo duck tape (these were marked at $1, from $6.99. I always need duct tape), decorative bags, tags, cupcake pics, washi.
I like the thicker phrases, and fell in love with the snail. I saw people hauling the bag set and the washi set, so I picked them up, I don't think the bags have to be for Valentines day. Love the flamingos on the tags. I thought the heart pics would be cute as ephemera.
 Burlap hearts, monster stickers, gem hearts, stickers, foam hearts, felt stickers.
The Valentine's stuff was 40% off as well. I may have gone a little overboard, but I really like everything I bought and will probably use it all. I picked up the foam hearts because I have to make a heart shaped flip book, I don't have any reasons for the rest of it.
Here's today's SI&DI creation:
 Another decorated vellum bag.
I also finished up the mini loaded bag:
I'm trying to catch up on YouTube videos, but that rarely happens without watching all day. I also have a book I need to finish by next Wednesday. I was originally scheduled to work tomorrow, but my boss at the bookstore said they were over scheduled, so she took me off. I know I shouldn't be happy about getting hours cut, but I need a day off, I've been working over a week without one. I forget every time to schedule a day for myself.

No comments: