Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I am so tired of cold. The high today was 5. When I got up it was -5 with a windchill of -28. Yesterday my mother told me it was 27 in Alaska. Tomorrow the high is in the 20's and we finish the week in the 40's, I'd be happy if we stayed in the 20's-teens.
I'm also tired of standing, last week I worked 52 hours, most of those on my feet. Yesterday, someone yelled at me, I don't get paid enough for that. I had a pretty nice weekend, I got home early on Saturday, had Sunday off, I didn't even go outside on Sunday. Monday the high was -1, that's not a high to me. It was very hard to motivate myself to go outside. It was hard to get up this morning and go outside. But, I had something cool waiting for me when I got home from work. Last week I ordered some handmade pumpkins from Kimberly Laws.
 Close-ups:
 How cute is that doily pieces and the yo yo? It's a very light green fabric.
 I love that beaded flower on the right.
 Loving the doily on the top
 The stem on this one is covered in a beaded piece. The actual pumpkin is made out of a mesh with black sequin leaves all over it.
 This one has some shiny pearlized leaves and a stick pin on it.
There was also this grouping of three tiny ones, the two back ones are velvety.

No comments: