Friday, January 19, 2018

It's the end of the week...almost

And I am ready for it. This week was only a 41 hour week compared to last week that was a 52 hour week. I was thinking it was less, apparently when I'm really tired my brain doesn't work as well.
Thursday was a 12 hour day, basically I got up, went to work, came home went to bed. Today I only had to work 4 hours and the temperatures were in the 40s. It was my last day of work at the bookstore, so I went shopping. My first stop was Walmart:
 Choco waffle chips ($2.50), gummy minions ($1.50), marshmallow lollipop ($1), which technically isn't a lollipop, it's just a marshmallow on a stick. I have already eaten the waffle chips and they were good, but I'm not sure they were $2.50 good, also the minion gummies taste like fruit punch, they are soo good. Side note: it was lunchtime, and I hadn't had lunch yet.
 Minion blind ball ($1), double stick tape ($5.84), duck tape ($1), stuffed heart ($0.97), Disney metal toys ($2), owl sticky notes ($0.97), Hello Kitty blind bag ($1), Squish-dee blind bag ($1.50).
I tell myself I have to pick up a pack of double stick tape everytime I go to Walmart, I have run out in the past, so this rule has saved me lately. I put the minion, hello kitty and squish-dee blind bags as well as the Disney toys in my Advent calendar for December, and I want to open it all right now. I had a chocolate stuffed strawberry in my basket to buy as well, but it was $2.98 and the heart was only $0.97, plus it's green and has glasses. I feel every time I pick up duck tape from the clearance aisle, it's never marked down, this was marked at $1, but rang up at $3.97, this is the third time this has happened at both the Walmarts here. When I went to get my money back, they had to approve it, that annoyed me, it was their fault it wasn't in the system correctly and now I have to wait for you to make sure it's ok.
Here, the Target, Walmart and Dollar Tree are very close, so I try to go to them all at once. So, my second stop was Target, I had gift cards from Christmas, so technically everything was free.
 dark chocolate pretzel sea salt bark thins ($4), minion marshmallow pop ($1), fries before guys marshmallows ($1.99), Sparkling Ice water 3 bottles ($0.85 each), Merci chocolate ($4.99), Oreo bars ($0.89 each). The bark thins were my friends fault, we were in the chocolate aisle and the bigger bag was the same price as the smaller bag, so I bought one (and I was hungry and there was pretzels). I seem to really be liking marshmallows lately, so I picked up the minion marshmallow and the 'french fries' marshmallows. I had the cartwheel savings for the sparkling ice, so I picked up a few of those. I thought I had a cartwheel for the merci, I didn't but the holiday ones are always cheaper than the ones in the regular aisle. I love the oreo bars.
 unicorn bandaids ($1), gift bags ($3), Spritz chipboard stickers ($4.99), pocket pages ($4.99). I love decorated bandaids, I don't like band aids, so if I have to wear them they might as well be fun. I love these gift bags, there were 8 for $3, four designs, two of each. I totally jumped on the bandwagon for the chipboard stickers. And the whole reason I went was to get the pocket pages, I was supposed to get them last time I went.
Last stop was Dollar Tree:
 Love bug, glitter sticker, hand cream, foam shamrocks, lip balm, card. I have the pink version of this bug already, and when I'm stressed I apparently need to buy stuffed animals, so I might as well get the cheap ones. Saw these glitter stickers, they are soo cute (there's a better picture down below), I love these hand creams, I don't use hand cream, but I needed a hand cream/lotion and a lip balm for a swap. Someone sent me one of those foam shamrocks in a swap and I used it on a tag and was so bummed I used it. I love the hot air balloons on this card, I realized I have a Valentine's gift bag with hot air balloons and thought I should use them on a pocket letter.
 Squeesh yum minis, white chocolate bear, glitter stickers. I've seen people haul these, and I put these in my advent calendar as well.
Here's a better look at those stickers:
I hadn't seen anyone haul them, and they are wicked cute. I was hoping to find more of those name brand stickers, but I certainly don't need more stickers. And these were hidden in the check out aisle.
I know I don't need to be shopping, but when all I do is work, I need the release of shopping. I'm thinking of going to our other walmart and TJ maxx this weekend, I also have to return something to Kohls as well.
Tomorrow, I still have 9 hours of work, but I have a nice 4 hour break in between.

No comments: