1. What's surprised you most about your life, or about life in general?
That I'm still here.
2. Among others, these ten words were added to the Oxford English Dictionary this year...awesomesauce, beer o'clock, brain fart, buttdial, cat cafe (apparently this is a real thing), fatberg (gross-read the definition here), fat shame, hangry, Mx (gender neutral), and skippable.
Your thoughts? I think it's kinda weird to add new words every year, and some of the words are very weird indeed.
In looking over the list, which word do you find most ridiculous? Hangry, to me you're just saying it wrong, it sounds kinda stupid. Also, Mx, As far as I've seen, you don't have to have that marked on paperwork, so why not just skip over it?
Which word would you never in a million years say out loud? Let's go with fatberg, because that is so gross and nasty, now that I know what it is, I never want to see a picture or think about it again.
Which word would you be most likely to use in conversation? Brain fart, I've used it before. Mostly I say I've lost my mind and let me know if you find it.
3. Do you like gravy? Is there a food you'd rather not eat unless it comes with gravy? Do you make your own or buy the canned or store-made variety? Turkey and gravy, sausage gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, country ham and red eye gravy, biscuits and chocolate gravy, pot roast and gravy...which one on the list is your favorite? I don't like gravy, to me it's just a way to smother something you don't like with fat.
4. Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you ever had a plan fall into a trillion pieces? Explain. I try to have a plan, sometimes I get a little freaked out if I don't, but it also depends on the situation.
5. November 19 is National Play Monopoly Day. Do you own the original or some version of the game? I don't have any Monopoly games in my possession.
Do you enjoy playing Monopoly? I don't really like Monopoly. My brother loves Monopoly and has quite a few versions of it. I don't like the fact that it takes forever to play. I like when we play it without the houses and motels because it doesn't take as long.
How likely is it you'll play a game of Monopoly on November 19th? I won't be playing Monopoly on the 19th, guarantee.
Ever been to Atlantic City? I haven't been to Atlantic City.
Ever taken a ride on a railroad? Not like a long one, I've been on a scenic train ride.
Is parking in your town free? It depends on where you park. On residential streets, it's free, but there are also a lot of metered parking spots.
Last thing you took a chance on? Life.
6. A song you like that has the word (or some form of the word) thanks in the title, lyrics, or meaning? Nothing comes to mind, but I'm sure there are a ton of songs with it in them. It's way too much thinking for this late at night.
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude....what is something you're taking for granted that when you stop and think about it, you're grateful for? Books. There was a time when there were subscription libraries and you couldn't have access to the books unless you paid. That seems like a horrible world. I would hate to live where I didn't have access to books.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I have so many things on my mind right now. Quite a few things have changed now that I make more money, it was so much easier when I was poor and didn't have to worry about them. Then there's the moving thing, and I'm helping my mother get ready for a holiday open house, and she's stressful. With the stuff going on in my life, I'd love to just skip over December (except for the whole Christmas presents part, including the swap I'm in and giving to other people) and just wake up in January. It would make life a lot easier.