It's Hodgepodge time.
1. Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it's also National Game and Puzzle Week...what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week?
Personally I love puzzles and games, but it's soo hard to get people to play games with me. The last game I played was probably Bonkers (it's from the 80s, basically you have a game board and pieces that you put on the game board to tell you what to do), I played it with a friend a couple months ago. I'm taking it to Thanksgiving and making people play it there.
I have an app on my laptop that's jigsaw puzzles, I try to do one every day.
2. What is one place you were thankful for this year?
My apartment/house. In May of this year, my parents sold their house (I rented the 3rd floor from them), and I was having a hard time finding apartments in my price range to rent. I contacted the new owners and they said I could rent from them. So, I'm really thankful I didn't have to go through all that fun moving stuff.
3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.
I like playing games. Last year I talked my mother and brother into playing a few, and I'm hoping to take a few to my aunt's this year for us to play.
In past years when more people came to our house, we have gone shopping. That's kinda fun. I don't usually get to go shopping with my aunts and the stores were pretty empty.
4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal?
Christmas. My brother usually cooks it for us and it's always great.
5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?
I like the food products. Like the ones where family and friends are sitting in their pj's around a kitchen island and they're making food for them.
6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?
I'm done with my Christmas shopping. We're going to Charleston over the Christmas holiday, so we decided to not spend as much money and to stick to smaller presents this year.
I've got all my presents wrapped except for my family.
I don't do Black Friday, I never understand camping out to get the deals. Plus, I shop all year round so I don't have to worry about the crunch after Thanksgiving.
I decided last night to alter Altoid's tins for my co-workers, so I haven't started those. I'm not even sure how many I'm making. The Christmas shopping is done, but the Christmas creating is not.
7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?
Handmade art. I try collect lots of artwork from other people. I love seeing it in my house.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The other day I realized how much I'm going to miss going downstairs and hanging out with my family. I loved how when my brother came home, he could just stay with my parents downstairs and I could just come down whenever I wanted. I never had to go very far for Christmas or Thanksgiving. So here's a little excerpt from Trace Adkins song, You're Gonna Miss This that I've been thinking about lately:
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These Are Some Good Times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
It didn't hit me when they were cleaning out the house, or when they actually left, but now that it's that week that my brother's back and we're usually eating supper together or watching movies or whatever, I realize how much I really do miss it.
I was looking for pictures so I could show you the house, but I can't find them, that will have to be another post.