It's Hodgepodge time again, head on over to Joyce's blog to see what other people are saying.
1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?
No, I don't really do that.
2. Since we're talking turning...what's one thing you feel you're doing 'every time you turn around'?
Cleaning in my apartment. Now, if I would just wash my dishes at the end of the night and pick up my stuff instead of leaving it on the floor, I wouldn't have to do that.
3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?'
I don't have a lot to worry about on that account. I guess I get a little stressed and swear at people under my breath when they annoy me, but I don't come out and accuse them of it. I can't think of anything that has caused me to call the cops or anything like that.
4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it? This afternoon actually, since Christmas is coming, and I like to start wickedly early (like in January), I tend to lose things throughout the year. I'm trying to put everything in the same place and plan out who I'm missing things for. I was looking for a piece of artwork I bought my mother in January, I did find it. Unfortunately, I didn't find the other item I was looking for. I was pretty organized until I started packing things up thinking I'd have to move. There are a lot of boxes where things are just thrown into them from when I had to have my apartment clean for showings.
5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?
Honestly, I don't know.
6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.
That is not an easy question, because I don't eat a lot of fruit. Even when I buy it and it's sitting in my kitchen staring at me all week I still don't eat it. I think I'm more partial to red though, I buy red apples, when I actually buy apples, I like strawberries and watermelon. Those are probably the fruits I do eat the most.
7. The Hunt for Red October, October Sky, Halloween...which 'October' film is your favorite?
How about Halloweentown? It's a nice kids movie where a 'normal' family is living in the US and grandma comes to visit every Halloween. Turns out grandma's actually a witch and mom and daughters are in line to become witches in Halloweentown, but mom wanted to raise her family normally and left. Unfortunately, there's a horrible warlock in Halloweentown that's turning everything weird and grandma gets taken and the family has to save her. I think it's pretty cute.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Speaking of Christmas (I know, no one wants to), I realized two months from Saturday is Christmas. That doesn't really bother me, because I've gotten presents for people. We're actually going to Charleston, SC over Christmas, so I'm not sure we'll be doing much around here for Christmas. I'm thinking of getting small presents and putting them into gift bags for people, I figure that will be pretty easy to transport, plus still fun.
On another note, my parents are not to pleased about November coming soon. If you've been reading me for awhile, you know that my parents bought a condo in my old elementary school and had to sell the house. In theory, they were going to be able to move in November 1st, so they're living across town in a condo owned by the people renovating the school. My mom told me on Saturday that they may not be moving in until December. I know she's stressed about that. I'm also wondering how that's going to work out, because most of their winter clothing is in storage. And then there's the whole part about having the movers scheduled only to find out they can't use them on that date and have to schedule them later out. Plus, like I said we're going to Charleston in December, not that it's right at the beginning, but I'm sure they'll still be unpacking when we're getting ready to leave. And, Thanksgiving, that's another fun issue. Normally, my brother comes in from Chicago and makes lunch, that includes soaking the turkey in a brine overnight and he has to turn the turkey because it's generally too large for the bucket it's soaking in. There's not much room for him to sleep in my parents condo where they are now, he could always blow up the air mattress. I know we're all hoping to have Thanksgiving at their new condo, but we'll adapt if that doesn't happen.
Because I don't have enough. Hobby Lobby had Christmas at 50% off last week and since I didn't know if that would continue on this ...
I was watching Amy's Got a Gluegun on YouTube, and she answered these questions and I thought it would be fun to do the same, so here g...
So, It's been awhile, cause that always seems to happen. I've just been creating for swaps, and being a lump on my couch. Check o...