It's time for Hodgepodge again, head over to Joyce's blog to see what other people have said.
That sounds good. I've taken to having a piece of dark chocolate every morning, it makes my day so much niceer. Otherwise, I really don't think about it that much.
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
I don't do karaoke. It's fun to watch other people though.
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
That sounds like a great day, I should clean off my kitchen table and pull out a puzzle. There are a few things, but I'm not going to talk about them on here. There's also this thing with the laptop I got for Christmas, sometimes it has a tendency to shut off the monitor, I can hear that it's still on, but it's like it doesn't think I'm using it, and nothing I do wakes it up. The only thing I can do, is shut it off and turn it back on, it's weird.
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
Totally jigsaw, unfortunately they take up a lot of space, so I generally just do word searches. I have so many word search books laying around my apartment.
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
I don't think they will ever be until we get the same job opportunities and pay as men. I've always though it would be cool to be a construction worker, but that's just not something women do. I hate it when I get judged when doing things that seem masculine. I also hate the fact that it's ok for a man not to want children, but when I say that, people always try to convince me some day I will. But that's a whole new post, I could put so much in here about that, but that's not going to happen.
6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?
There is this mix that HyVee has in their bakery section, it looks good, kinda like chex mix, but the ingredients say there is cayenne pepper in it, I don't like spicy foods, but every time I walk by, I always get curious, I'll probably buy it next time I'm there.
7. The author, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) was born this week in 1832 (January 27th). Which character from his celebrated novel, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, would you most like to meet, and why? Here's a link to a character list if you need help on this one.
That just isn't something I think about.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I hate the cold. I feel like I'm complaining about this a lot lately, but it has been cold. Every time it gets warm enough to melt anything, it melts a little and then freezes back up. Saturday, it was 16, but with a negative wind chill. Yesterday, the high was 0, with a -31 windchill. Today's high is 10. I am so sick of it, and the ice. I've taken to walking in the grass to avoid it, unfortunately, there's ice there too. We're supposed to get snow Wed through Fri, so it will warm up, but I forsee it freezing again. I am so ready for spring.