So, it's Tuesday, doesn't feel like it, feels like Thursday or Friday. I'm back at my temporary full-time job, I was there last week, but it was pretty slow. Yesterday when I walked in, there were about 30+ people in line, and the line stayed like that until probably about 5pm. It was a little weird, every time I looked up, I couldn't see the end of the line. By the end of the day, I had to slow down and make sure I did everything I had too, I was also having a hard time saying all I had to. It felt like my tongue had swelled from too much talking, is that possible? And of course, when I got home, my feet just hurt.
I was making my sandwich this morning, and I realized I run out of all my fixings when I make Thursday's sandwich. Obviously I'm supposed to buy something from the food court on Friday. Oh, well a little splurge at the end of a busy, tiring week will be a nice bonus.
OK, on to what you came here for:
1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way? It depends on what we're talking about. If it's something I believe in, sure. But I try not to get worked up over things, I'm trying to lower my stress level.
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter? I love seeing the trees when they look like they were just dipped in the snow. Unfortunately, that comes with not so nice weather sometimes. Like last week, we got a little ice, the trees were beautiful, but it took me so much longer to get where I was going.
Two things may be a stretch, I'll add another if I think of it.
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried? Considering, I've only heard of pomegranate and kiwi, and I've only tasted kiwi, no I don't eat those. I'm not a huge fruit person, if I don't eat them soon enough, or I forget they're there, they go bad.
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts? Shouldn't you have done the right thing, first?
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer. Not so much. We had a ski trip back in high school and I vaguely remember sliding down the bunny hill on my butt, so I spent the rest of the day in the lodge.
6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!) Godiva chocolate, my brother gave us all these truffle flights for Christmas, and I had finished mine, I was looking to see how much another one cost. Unfortunately, I decided $16 is too much to spend on a box of five chocolates, plus I'd have to pay shipping.
I was also on Etsy, looking at buttons, I'm still looking for something cool.
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year? I haven't really thought about it. But, I keep seeing people picking words for the new year. I was reading someone's blog the other day she had a list of words and, patient jumped out at me. I'm really not a patient person, granted I'm very good at keeping myself composed if I'm out and about, but I'm not patient. I thought I'd work on that this year.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm a little worried. During the month of November, Target had it's credit/debit card numbers compromised. Basically everyone who used a card between I believe the end of the month and early December, they're numbers were taken by someone. So, my bank is reissuing debit cards and deactivating old ones. The old cards are supposed to be deactivated tomorrow, and I haven't received my new one yet, so yes I'm a little worried. I've decided I should just get some cash, it's coming from the same account anyway, it should tide me over until the new card comes. I'm trying not to use my credit card and pay it off/down, so I won't be using that.
It's funny a few years ago, I didn't have a debit card, and now I'm extra worried about not having one again.
I've also been on a spending spree lately. I don't mean to be, but I think it's from Christmas, after spending all the money on other people, I want to spend some money on myself. After Christmas, I went to a local flower shop and bought some stuff I didn't get for Christmas:
an owl, a cute little tree, a multi-colored ornament and a glass heart box ornament. And then I went to another store downtown and bought some of their stuff: an angel candleholder, a stocking, a snowman wallhanging, a winter scrapbook, a Coca Cola bottle opener, and some salt and pepper shakers. And then I had to buy myself some chocolate and a cute little angel ornament.
Last week at the bookstore, I bought some shirts, a calendar and a cute owl gift bag. I'm doing poorly on saving money.
I just want to buy things. I'm not sure why, because I don't need more things.
On our way home from Chicago, we stopped off at a Hobby Lobby, but unlike some other stores I feel all Hobby Lobby's have the same stuf...
Since I didn't do Hodgepodge today, and I saw one of my Youtube subscriptions do this, I thought I would too. They are fall questions. ...
It's Hodgepodge time again. Check out Joyce's blog to see other people's answers. 1. What would you say is the best and wor...
Because I don't have enough. Hobby Lobby had Christmas at 50% off last week and since I didn't know if that would continue on this ...